LED tent lighting??

BBQ BOY

I am wanting to hang some sort of LED lighting in my 10x14 Kodiak tent. The issue is, it would be suspended using 550 para cord and hanging a lantern across a 14' string is not going to be good.
So, just a few minutes ago, a light went off in my head(no pun intended). How about mini lanterns??!!! Can anyone show me one that will be light enough to prevent the 550 to droop down and a light that will be bright? There are mini's that I've seen in my recent search, mainly rayovac and Coleman, but may be missing something.

dms1

Explorer
I second the Harbor Freight lights, they last a long time on 3 AAA batteries and have a hook and magnet for attachment points.

BBQ BOY

Great price on the harbor Freight lights. I am going to go over there and see if they have them in stock. If anything, I will get a couple to keep in my LC.
I REALLY like the Hozuki light. It's EXACTLY what I am looking for but dang that thing is expensive.

FishPOET

Adventurer
I hang Coleman LED String Lights in my tent.

2000001475_500.jpg

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
If you have a "AA" maglight just tape an empty white 35mm film canister over the end of the lense & it makes a perfect nitelite

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
If you're on a budget go with the harborfrieght lights. If you've got some money to spend I suggest the SnowPeak SnowMiner light. It is a headlamp with a hook on the headstrap. The lens can be slightly pulled away from the light source and it is a half globe omni directional light. It has two settings and a flashing feature. I have used it hanging in my flippac and love it.

vsqh2.jpg

http://shop.overlandgourmet.com/snow-peak-snow-miner-headlamp.html

MarcFJ60

Adventurer
I have a Coleman tent fan that is also lighted:
2000006895_500.jpg

It works fine and has multiple settings and can be hung with a magnet or set on the floor. I have some of those HF lights and never thought about using them in the tent. Looks like they have another use now!

Honu

lost on the mainland
the snow peak headlamp is great :)

for good light I love the goal zero stuff not so cheap but the light is very good so you can actually see everything easy which is nice with kids and getting ready etc.. :)

Jim K in PA

Adventurer
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-A2855/15599760

i use one of these. pretty decent amount of light from a cheap source.

We have had a couple of these for a few years. Decent light, but the switches are crap and they no longer work reliably. For the price I am not complaining, but don't expect much from it. It looks like the newer ones in the ad link have a recessed switch. Ours don't, and are always getting inadvertently turned on, killing the batteries while in storage.

98roamer

Explorer
We have had a couple of these for a few years. Decent light, but the switches are crap and they no longer work reliably. For the price I am not complaining, but don't expect much from it. It looks like the newer ones in the ad link have a recessed switch. Ours don't, and are always getting inadvertently turned on, killing the batteries while in storage.

We are on our second on of these, for the price it's hard to beat. We stored it over the winter with batteries in it and they leaked killing the leads to the batteries. If you don't mind the UFO look these are pretty cheap to buy and cheap on quality. BTW we don't pack it away with batteries anymore so we don't have the switch issue.

drifter_r6

Observer
I really like my Mammut TR1 headlamp. With the globe attachment it serves double duty as a lantern.

Mammut TR1

I've also used 100ct LED christmas lights, cut the plug end off and wired to a AA battery box. For me, it gave off way too much light for inside a tent so its relegated for the outside canopy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94