Power Wagon

crismateski

American Adventurist
My '04 2500 Hemi gets about 12.5 combined mpg with automatic trans, 4.10 gears, and 34s. This was before the fancy 6 speed transmission and VVT and stuff so I don't doubt the newer Hemi trucks will do significantly better.

The vvt is only on the 1500. Before I had the Wagon I had an 04 2500 hemi 2wd and it was about 12-15 with the 4.10. The extra weight and the 4.56 really kills the mileage of the wagon

Saiyan66

Adventurer
Captjeep,
What are your plans for the truck modifications wise? If you are looking for a good set of floor mats I highly recommend the Weather Tech digital fit mats. They are great to have in the truck.

Halligan

Adventurer
The vvt is only on the 1500. Before I had the Wagon I had an 04 2500 hemi 2wd and it was about 12-15 with the 4.10. The extra weight and the 4.56 really kills the mileage of the wagon

Not correct. The new 4th gen Heavy Duty/Powerwagons do indeed have VVT (variable valve timing). What they don't have is the cylinder deactivation for improved mpg's like the 1500. My 2010 Hemi 2500 is similar to a Powerwagon in ride height and tire size and in my constant stop and go, short trip driving I see a consistent 11mpg. Granted I have 4.10 gears vs. the PW's 4.56 so that may offset mileage a bit.

shellb

Adventurer
Congrats on the new truck! Looks awesome - John Wayne in a tux, perfect.

Congrats! The Ram Power Wagon is the only new truck worth buying these days. You did good by not buying a diesel truck. New diesels are not worth owning unless you are towing the majority of the time.

Congrats on the awesome truck. Glad u went with the Power Wagon instead of the diesel because like Larry said unless ur constantly towing really heavy i dont see the point of the maint. cost of the new diesels. Even though they are awesome too lol just more expensive.

I don't really agree when I am smiling behind the wheel of my new ford diesel, riding on carli suspension with 1,000 ft lbs of torque at my disposal. I probably will never tow a thing but it is a fun daily driver, camping and exploring rig. Even has a rear locker!

In all seriousness, the new 6.7 Ford is a really sweet motor in a great truck package. Sure it might be expensive/more maintenance but that doesn't mean it isn't worth buying, even if you don't tow.

crismateski

American Adventurist
Not correct. The new 4th gen Heavy Duty/Powerwagons do indeed have VVT (variable valve timing). What they don't have is the cylinder deactivation for improved mpg's like the 1500. My 2010 Hemi 2500 is similar to a Powerwagon in ride height and tire size and in my constant stop and go, short trip driving I see a consistent 11mpg. Granted I have 4.10 gears vs. the PW's 4.56 so that may offset mileage a bit.

Oops, you are correct, I was thinking the MDS

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
I guess I need to do more studying because for some reason I thought the VVT was the cylinder deactivation. It sure would be nice to ride around with only 4 cylinders. A lady I work with has a 1500 with the cylinder deactivation, its only 2WD but she pulls 26mpg on the highway easy.

Captjeep

Observer
Ill have to check out the weather techs. Not real sure about mods yet. For now, floor mats, some bedliner, and a tonneau are at the top of the list. Nothing too extreme as this will be my DD. I'm hoping to do a full RestoMod on my J20 this winter so the PW will probably be kept on the back burner. The J20 looks like a midget parked next to the PW. Apparently 3/4 ton pickups have changed quite a bit in the last 30 yrs! I didn't go to the dealership looking for a PW but I'm happy that's what I ended up with. Thanks again guys!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior