Tentrax On-Board Water Tank

Chris Boyd

Explorer
I am new Tentrax owner (Thanks to Reino!) and have been contemplating mounting an on-board water tank in the main storage area of the trailer. Of course it will be plumbed with a tank fill, drain and demand pump.

I want to carry most of my water weight over the axle and save the tongue weight for fuel cans, propane and batteries. Thinking 18 gals of fresh water in. If I need more fresh or grey water, I can always use scepters on the tongue rack or the tow vehicle.

I have seen a couple of examples here and there, but any comments on the pros and cons of this? (save the normal maintenance, winterzing and reduction of working load)

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
I have a 30 gallon tank centered over the axle of my 101A2.
I made a removable cradle " so I can remove it to haul " It is held down with straps and FOOTMANS loops.
The pump is connected to a hose bib mounted on the tub of the trailer It works well.

Attachments

• IMG_0673.jpg
    IMG_0673.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_0681.jpg
    IMG_0681.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_0679.jpg
    IMG_0679.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_0688.jpg
    IMG_0688.jpg
    509.2 KB · Views: 11

Woods

Explorer
I like your hose bib idea. May have to steel that one from ya.

I have a 30 gallon tank centered over the axle of my 101A2.
I made a removable cradle " so I can remove it to haul " It is held down with straps and FOOTMANS loops.
The pump is connected to a hose bib mounted on the tub of the trailer It works well.

Chris Boyd

Explorer
Great idea on the hose bib. I was planning on using a RV-Type city water connection as the outlet to keep it flush.

I am definitely going to lift the footmans loop idea, though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke