6x6 defender off road camper build

Timod110

Observer
Nice!!!

Be careful running that tdi without the air filter. I did the same in my build and sucked something through the turbo which now needs replacing for $$$$

Nice work. Glad to see it running

Cheers

MTWheeler

Observer
SUBSCRIBED!! Not a huge Land Rover guy, but good god!! Look at that thing!!! How could you not love it?!?!?!
Keep good work man, can't wait to see that beast out on the trail! :)

Jitterbug

Adventurer
Thanks for all the comments guys! earlier this week i went to take it to the exhaust shop then on for mod plates and registration. unfortunately i got about 1km before a smell told me the brakes were seized. turns out the front bakes were completely stuffed despite supposedly being rebuilt when the disc brake conversion was done on the rear.

anyway i was able to remove the front callipers and limp to the exhaust shop to get that work done, i also took the callipers in for rebuild at the brake shop. other than that i am very happy, it drove well and nothing else failed!

i have rebooked in for monday to get all the paperwork sorted and get it on the road.

A4B490D6-500D-4D10-85A1-4FC68E4EF2DD_zpsackcmz57.jpg

DB719FF6-8BAC-48DE-B3C4-A0F5456C93F0_zps6a2qiebt.png

ceed57d12ff0327cd910de5937be7a0f_zpse8b093b8.jpg

Jitterbug

Adventurer
Last weekend we managed to get out camping in the old girl! It was all very exciting.

A few minor problems, discovered one of the fuel tanks had a leak (lucky I have 3 tanks) and had a decent oil leak out of the alternator oil feed line that wasn't 100% tight but other than that, all went well. It was awesome having virtually no set up or packing down to do.
We haven't at all put it through its paces yet, first trip I was happy just to get there and back again!

3820e2c468f2ec4a025dd91fa5cc25d0_zps4b9e6e04.jpg

72f11c5a772c0b02f877830e8b8be6d7_zps0c316cbb.jpg

115939cc0c5acf0abb17464f37d9edae_zps4c193833.jpg

3eb20f2729eaf0547e14d95969606cbc_zpsca54308c.jpg

tacr2man

Adventurer
Might pay to move the spotties back , first roo strike will see them off ! BTW what are the four spikes on the rear of the roof ?

newhue

Adventurer
Jitterbug, congratulations. You had a dream and made it reality, well done. Did Harry paint it as well?

AustinTX109

Jitterbug, it looks great, congrats! I've been following the build since the beginning, all the way from Texas. How about some pics of the finished interior. Or better yet, now that its complete, how about a tour (pic or video) of the whole rig (inside, outside, drive train, storage bins, unique features, everything). Show off your creation!!

Jitterbug

Adventurer
Might pay to move the spotties back , first roo strike will see them off ! BTW what are the four spikes on the rear of the roof ?

I'm guessing sand ladders or traction mats..!,

That's right, they are mounts for maxtrax, haven't put them up there yet as I haven't been anywhere that has needed them.

Jitterbug, congratulations. You had a dream and made it reality, well done. Did Harry paint it as well?

Yep, Harry did the paint job too. He has been great and very patient with it all. Converting the old bus was difficult as nothing on the original build was square. And thanks, it has been a bottomless pit of time and money but so great to have finally got there and have a vehicle of my own design and having done a lot of the work myself.

Jitterbug, it looks great, congrats! I've been following the build since the beginning, all the way from Texas. How about some pics of the finished interior. Or better yet, now that its complete, how about a tour (pic or video) of the whole rig (inside, outside, drive train, storage bins, unique features, everything). Show off your creation!!

I dont have many pictures of the interior, mainly because it is difficult to get a decent picture given the space limits - i think i video would be better. I like the idea of a video tour of the truck, I will do that next week as we are planning to go away for a couple of days. Until then, this panorama photo probably gives the best indication of the interior. It is about 95% complete inside, a few bit of trim still to fit, mainly over the structural hoops, but it is pretty close to finished!

AustinTX109

Thanks for that interior pano Jitterbug. Yes a video tour of the truck would be awesome, would help all of us see the complete project, with all the details, and allow you to show off your design and hard work. Looks like you really planned ahead and incorporated a lot of features.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior