differences between 4d34 and 4d33

Aussie Iron

Explorer
Just spoke with turbo glide $2600 for kit with all oil bits and pics on cd on how to fit apparently the crew cabs are a pain as you can't run your air line over the rocker cover this sounds.better
I believe the pictures I saw of the Superior Turbo setup had the airlines running around the back of the engine. A kit for $2,600, how much for a 3 inch exhaust, any warranty. I'm more than capable of fitting a kit myself but I would hate to have problems with it. Dan

Tonkatuff

Adventurer
That was what i was wondering alan the exhaust is a flat mount to the manifold socan you just machine an adapter plate. Still have oil lines etc.

Dan i don't know all the details, the mob is in sydney and have a lot of info on the net, they were very helpful.

alan

Explorer
Mine has an adaptor plate welded to the manifold with the old outlet welded up, I will take a pic and post it, i also seem to remember seeing a name somewhere of who installed it.

alan

Explorer
pic's of the manifold
DSCF6997.jpg

DSCF6996.jpg

DSCF6995.jpg

alan

Explorer
I'm working on the wiring loom at the moment, more wires than a telstra exchange! and just bought a pair of recaro electric seats of ebay luxury!:smiley_drive:

Aussie Iron

Explorer
Looks like they used an original manifold to make the plug for the casting. Lets say we can modify our manifold, oil lines can be made, 3" exhaust can be made. Can someone with knowledge tell us what turbo we need as the variety out there is unbelievable. Then do we have to adjust our fuel pump to increase fuel, do we by chance have to adjust our timing. Is there anything else we would have to do. Dan.

alan

Explorer
you will need to adjust fuel on the pump, this is easy to do, no timing adjustment is needed, I will check my turbo for a model number.

Amesz00

Adventurer
Can someone with knowledge tell us what turbo we need as the variety out there is unbelievable.

if your going to go garrett, something around gt2860, with a .64 exhaust housing. basicly with diesels better on the small side than big. but a 2860 is about perfect for 10-15psi boost.

Then do we have to adjust our fuel pump to increase fuel, do we by chance have to adjust our timing. Is there anything else we would have to do. Dan.

yes, to get any measurable gain from the upgrade. no, you shouldnt have to play with the timing much, if at all. maybe a tiny bit advanced.
if your playing with the manifold, may as well weld in a EGT (exhaust gas temp) probe into the manifold. then watch the pre-turbo temps dont go above about 800deg C. or 600-650 post turbo if you prefer the probe there. or just take it to a diesel tuner. the amount of places around advertising diesel tuning now is ridiculous, but then its not real complex to do. just add fuel till it get a nice puff when you lay the power on but clears up quickly. and of course watch the egts dont go to high.

Amesz00

Adventurer
never go above 550c post turbo temp.

apologies, yea 500-550 it was meant to be. bit of a dicky way of measuring though as post turbo temps all depend on turbine size, dump pipe etc. what you really want to measure is the combustion temps so it doesnt melt pistons. thus manifold probe = better accuracy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior