Looking for expedition partner

psj1945

I have a couple of open seats or caravan along from New York to Panama and anywhere in between. Would like to leave in the end of October. Everything is flexible but my focus will be surfing. Vehicle is set up for expo, 96 land cruiser new everything mechanically, fridge/freezer, lifted, winch, roof top tent, awning and screen room, camping kitchen, list goes on.....

Let me know if you'd like to come for part of the trip and share fuel costs etc.

Peter :)

psj1945

I may not come back for a year but most likely would come back to new York just before memorial day. I'm giving up my apartment, selling it all and getting out there !

Vasir

Village Idiot
very jealous! Give lonely planet a try. I actually found an australian girl who wants to do and see the same things as me, so we figured itd be a little safer to go with someone else, maybe share some costs, and have another person to experience it with instead of just ourselves! we're still exchanging emails and facebooking to see if we're a fit, but so far so good.
Im heading out there late december early january myself, but if i can get/build a rig in time, ill be going to the maya rally and meeting up in guatemala with her to take spanish classes before we head south.
which reminds me.. go to the maya rally thread and try your luck there! if i remember correctly there is someone looking to co-pilot!

94KRAWLER

I am very interested. My main concern would be what would the monthly fuel cost be? I don't know if i would have time to sell everything to afford the trip but i am interested to see if i could make it work. Let me know, thanks. I can also speak Spanish and have lived in Mexico for some time so that could be a huge plus.

Last edited:

psj1945

I'm getting about 14.5 mpg around town right now, of course the rig will be heavier and a little less aerodynamic so millage will MPG's will a little ******** in cities. The more you drive the more money you spend per month but I'd estimate the cost to get there at around $1300-$1550 one way total. Divide that by 2 for what portions are traveled together. I'd point out that once I'm at a surf destination and getting good swell I'll be hanging around for a bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles