NEW to me 2002 GMC Yukon XL 2500

BBslider001

Diesel Head
Well, here it is!! New to me & picking up this week. I have waited for some time!! I am here with good reason to announce my purchase of a 2002 GMC Yukon XL 2500 (Suburban). No, it doesn't have the 8.1L, but that is ok with me. I have a punchlist of things to do, though it really needs nothing. As follows...

1) Towing Mirrors
2) *OCD* level of cleaning
3) change all fluids and filters, except the transmission
4) new tires and 17" wheel upgrade
5) Tune Up
6) replacing the AC/Heat control panel (burnt bulbs)

That is all I can think of for now. I owned a 2004 2500HD with the 6.0 a few years back and remember good things about it. This one runs extremely smooth and has plenty of power, considering. Pics to come soon! The ad is there for those interested in seeing a few pre-photos.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/3208418520.html

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
Nice looking vehicle for $5K

I would check & see if yours has the dual piston brake calipers from the factory, if not that may be an upgrade you want to do if you are upgrading to 17" rims in the process

The leveling keys are pretty easy to preform as well & willl give it more of a SUV look too

will be interesting to see where you go with her

haven

Expedition Leader
I deleted a bunch of posts and sent bbslider001 to the sidelines for a week. Let's try to keep to the subject at hand.

Kharn

If you're going to change the brake fluid, I'd suggest changing the flexible brake lines at the same time. I have an '02 Yukon XL 2500 with the 6L and had to go through that last year when one developed an internal flap and prevented one of the rear wheels from braking. The brake lines were redesigned (rerouted the hard line where it enters the caliper side of the front two, IIRC) between when they made my truck and when I bought the replacements, so they may look different but they do fit. Be careful with the body hard line to the rear axle, it runs above the forward fuel tank so if you damage that you're in for a very fun weekend.

Add a 24"+ breaker bar and 22mm deep impact socket to the tool kit, the stock wrench is way too short for undoing the 120ft-lb torque spec.

Price is definitely good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles