1976 Scout Traveler, Ultimate Expedition Build

Evergreen12

Observer
What's funny is that we saw that other green Scout from a distance and I wrongly assumed it was you till we got over to it (how many fully-built super clean Scouts do you see?) I'm not sure how we missed you guys, I'd have loved to check that thing out again now that it's nearly finished. It's a beautiful rig for sure.

rube bonet

Adventurer
What's funny is that we saw that other green Scout from a distance and I wrongly assumed it was you till we got over to it (how many fully-built super clean Scouts do you see?) I'm not sure how we missed you guys, I'd have loved to check that thing out again now that it's nearly finished. It's a beautiful rig for sure.

Well stop by Dave! Scout will be here for a couple days yet. Might give you more motivation to finish up a certain cruiser project...

Evergreen12

Observer
Might give you more motivation to finish up a certain cruiser project...

I totally deserve that! We kind of caught the overland bug and got a little sidetracked doing some prep-work on Kellie's Jeep. You also set the bar pretty high with the fab work so I really have to step up my game and really take my time on the finishing details! (Now what do they say about excuses...)

toymaster

Explorer
Scout has been on the road for a few weeks...

Wow, 3 1/2 years in the making. I thought it was built 2 years ago and you had just not updated on this forum. Besides the obvious craftsmanship and attention to detail I think my favorite aspect of this build was the time and money spent on the protective coatings: galvanized and PC frame, high quality bed liner inside and underneath the body, ceramic coated stainless exhaust. The owner should have no problems getting decades of service out of this rig.

We loitered for far too long checking out the Dodge and Scout at OEX last weekend. Incredible builds on both. The color combo on the Scout is just right. Congrats...:clapsmile

onemanarmy

Explorer
no doubt incredible work and attention to detail, but why not keep the tires more under the fenders, either will less offset wheels or narrower tires? in that front shot, almost half the tire is outside the fender. Way too 'stanced' and does not compliment the narrow body work and small rolled fender 'flares'

real beadlocks? I hope so, and not fake bolts, just for looks.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
no doubt incredible work and attention to detail, but why not keep the tires more under the fenders, either will less offset wheels or narrower tires? in that front shot, almost half the tire is outside the fender. Way too 'stanced' and does not compliment the narrow body work and small rolled fender 'flares'

real beadlocks? I hope so, and not fake bolts, just for looks.

You make a great point here.
On the Scout series, it's a necessary evil.
The frame is wide compared to the body, so the only way to get a good turning radius with large tires is to either narrow the frame in front, or go to a more offset wheel.

I don't think TR does faux wheels.

Someone is going to get one heck of a beautifully built Rig. :beer:

CampStewart

Observer
All the pictures seem to be gone, I tried to use extensions with 2 different browsers without success. It looks like the OP may have deleted them. Are any of you able to see the pictures in this thread or are they posted somewhere else on the net?

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I have been drooling over this rig for a while now. I learned to drive on a early 60's Scout, three on the tree and it was a bear to get into second, grinding the entire way. I drove that thing all over our ranch and even up and down the back county and farm to market roads at the completely illegal age of 10. No top, dry rotted mud terrain tires, an old Warn 8274 on the front and a sprayer in the back, so many good memories. I wish I could afford this rig, but considering the quality of the build and the rarity of these trucks this day and age, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it doesn't bring $85K or better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles