1976 Scout Traveler, Ultimate Expedition Build

njtacoma

Explorer
WOW WOW
I really like that green.

Time to go look at travelers on Craigslist again... haven't done that in a month or so:)

rube bonet

Adventurer
I like the color a lot.
Also, where did you get those bulkhead fittings for the heat and AC? And how thick of a bulkhead will they work with?

The bulkhead fittings were from vintage air, clean little pieces. They had plenty of reach for thick firewalls, probably 1/2-3/4 inch IIRC. A little cheaper overall than using AN bulkheads, and the fittings correspond with the all the other o ring AC fittings.

rube bonet

Adventurer
I ran the fuel lines and rear brake line through the trans tunnel, using line clamps I machined out of plastic. It allowed them the greatest protection, and kept them as far from the exhaust as possible.

bigT74

busted knuckles
Rob,

I have reread this thread 4 times I think? this is a great build! Your customer will be thrilled with the outcome! Would it be possible for you to provide some additional detail on how you did the thru-roof mounting for the roof rack bolted to the cage? Does your mount system still permit any sort of top removal? I am interested in doing something similar for my 74 K5, any additional detail you can add would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Christian

rube bonet

Adventurer
I hate when a great thread goes cold. Hopefully there will be an update soon cause I love this build.

Sorry! Life and work have gotten on the way of updating this thread...working on the projects has taken precedence over documenting lately. I received an update from the paint shop; final polish, body alignment, door assembly, etc are almost done. Supposedly heading to glass shop next, as soon as all the window trim comes back from platers.

The top also has had all of the cracks and rough areas repaired, then the entire top was rhino lined inside and out. I was a little worried how it was going to come out, but Russ at AZ Rhino lining has done an amazing job on all of the coatings.

Pics will have to wait...as I am currently traveling.

Halligan

Adventurer
Sorry! Life and work have gotten on the way of updating this thread...working on the projects has taken precedence over documenting lately. I received an update from the paint shop; final polish, body alignment, door assembly, etc are almost done. Supposedly heading to glass shop next, as soon as all the window trim comes back from platers.

The top also has had all of the cracks and rough areas repaired, then the entire top was rhino lined inside and out. I was a little worried how it was going to come out, but Russ at AZ Rhino lining has done an amazing job on all of the coatings.

Pics will have to wait...as I am currently traveling.

Thanks for the update Rob. Look forward to the pics.

bigT74

busted knuckles
Rob,

How is she coming back together? Also could you provide your contact details please. I am in need of some copies of the rock sliders you built with spring mounts integrated. For my buddies latest aquisition a 74 Scout II

thanks

Christian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles