Clothes washing on the trail....

Lynn

Expedition Leader
No personal experience yet, but I like the idea I read somewhere around here of using a dry bag rather than a jug or bucket. It would store a lot easier between uses.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Look up "Wonderwash", according to sailors/cruisers, it works very well. The swining bucket has also been used, but this is quicker. When not in use it's just another storage container. Cheapest "portable clothes washer" too. $89.00 I think. :)

Rockin DC

Use a large syl bag, put your dirty clothes, some bio degradeable soap, seal the bag, and agitate for 5 mins. Dump the wash water, rinse and your done. Best system I've ever used. No large bulk containers to worry about. Simple to use and you use the syl bag for other uses as well.

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Use a large syl bag, put your dirty clothes, some bio degradeable soap, seal the bag, and agitate for 5 mins. Dump the wash water, rinse and your done. Best system I've ever used. No large bulk containers to worry about. Simple to use and you use the syl bag for other uses as well.

A quick google of 'syl bag' shows designer handbags. Since I'm pretty sure that's not what you mean, would you please elaborate?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier