fuel consumption 1HZ and 4.2 turbo troopcarrier

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
For the 1HZ I would plan on 14 - 18L/100 Km if it's a fully loaded rig (roof rack, 33" tires, bull bar, dual batteries, side steps and brush bars, rear bar with dual swing outs, roller drawers in rear, fridge, water, tools recovery gear, food and camping gear).

What do you mean when you say 4.2 turbo: aftermarket or factory? If factory, what engine variant (1HD-T or 1HD-FTE)?

Cheers,
P

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
thanks, i was refering to the factory turbo in the efi troopcarrier

Don't own a Troopy with the 1HD-FTE but in a fully loaded 100 Cruiser including towing a 1.5 ton (metric) trailer you're looking at 12 - 16L/100Km.

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
It was difficult to measure accurately because we refilled from a lot of jerry cans, but on a 1200-mile loop through Egypt in a heavily loaded 1HZ-powered Troopie, we averaged between 13 and 14 liters per 100k. That included a lot of sand driving, so not bad at all.

roscoFJ73

Adventurer
thanks, i was refering to the factory turbo in the efi troopcarrier

Exploroz has a list of vehicles with owners fuel consumption on various tracks and routes.If there is no HDJ78 ,then a 80/100 series of the same year should give you similar figures
http://www.exploroz.com/Forum/Default.aspx

The govt testing method gives that model a rating of about 12.5 litres/100klms.That is for a mixture of suburban and highway driving without a load.
Things like roof racks bring the economy down fast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles