1969 Chevy Nova - 383 Stroker

Snea

NOVA IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!

1969 Chevy Nova (black)(full specs below)
633hp/577tq at the fly (Dyno'd @ Superior Automotive Anaheim with 103 octane)
Runs on Pump Gas 91 octane just fine
Location - San Bernardino (Hesperia)(Southern CA)
$20000 or trade
Cash is preferred but willing to trade + cash as well
Please email pics and info of your vehicle for trade when inquiring

I work a lot but check my emails constantly so that would be the best way to reach me (MiisterJones@gmail.com)

I am looking for a low milage, built FJ80 / FZJ80 / LX450 of similar value / build quality.

This car has been in my life for a long long time. 15 years to be exact. She was my 1st car.

I already know Im probably going to regret this for the rest of my life but I think Im ready to take the plunge and let her go...

I've moved to the high desert, everything here is off-road related... The Nova just sits in the garage and other than the occasional Starbucks run (1 mile away) every couple weeks, she just sits there. So literally for the last 2 years it been driven 2-4 miles a month max (really, with the occasional cruise around town or to the track, it wasn't much different before the move up here either)

I entered the Nova in 1 car show and came home with a 2nd place trophy out of 400 cars, Im sure if I would have been more active with the shows, she would have won many many more

dsc_0018be500.jpg

DSC_0074.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0004500-1.jpg

DSC_0010750.jpg

DSC_0018750.jpg

DSC_0016750.jpg

dsc_0002-6hdr.jpg

dsc_0049b500_y1qc.jpg

dsc_0017e500.jpg

Specs:
383 Stroker:
1969 Original SS 350 Block - 4 bolt main (3970010 cast numbers)
- block had been resin filled for strength

Eagle - 4340 Forged 3.75" crank (this is an actual 383 specific crank, not a 400 crank milled down to a 383)
-Knife Edged and Lightened

Eagle H-Beam 4340 Forged Rods (6" rods)

JE 4340 Forged Pancake Pistons (full floating pins and nitrous reliefs) (11:1 Compression = Runs just fine on 91 octane pump gas, but loves 103 octane)
- Pistons were Ceramic Coated for Nitrous but nitours has never been run on it. (been wanting to but never got around to it)

64cc Edelbrock Performer RPM Heads (Aluminum)
-Fully ported and port matched to the intake and exhaust
-Valves Sizes increased from 2.02/1.60 to 2.08/1.60
-Rev Kit / K-Motion Springs
-Comp Full Roller Rockers

Holley Strip Dominator Intake Manifold
-Port-matched to heads

Holley 830cfm Mechanical Double Pumper Carb (re-jetted with jet kit included)
-fuel pump is mounted right next to the Fuel Cell and is fully plummed with dash 8 AN fittings and dash 8 steel braded fuel lines.
All Transmission lines are done the same way as well

Iski Cam - Solid Roller Cam - .602/.602 lift 300/300 duration with 1.6' rockers = .642 final lift

Ignition:
MSD 6AL Box with changeable rev limiter chips
MSD Distributor

Griffin 2 - 1 inch core radiator
Black Magic Electric Fan
Remote Trans Cooler with onboard electric fan

Entire assembly has been blueprinted, matched and balanced to each corresponding part.

Drivetrain:
TH 350 Manual Valvebody Race Transmission
Beefed up Driveshaft by Whittier Driveline
4.56 Gears (spooled)
Heat treated axles
Rear-End is only a 10-bolt, but it is STRONG
multi leaf springs and lift bars
4000 Stall with anti baloon plates for nitrous

I ran 7.39 in the 8th mile = 11.52 in the 1/4 mile (videos were taken before the paint and before I got the 4.56's and the 4000 stall. I had 3.73s and a 3500 stall in this video, so its a bit quicker now but I haven't ran it since)

VIDEOS ARE BEFORE THE PAINT!!!

All this car needs is a little shot of Nitrous and you'll be running 10s reliably all day long
(after all it is a nitrous motor that hasn't seen nitrous yet. Been meaning to get a little unit for it but just never got around to it)

Interior:
Painless Wiring Kit (this wiring kit includes AC, Power windows, Electric Seats, Electric Rear View Mirror and many other extras)
-I ripped out ALL the old original wires and replaced it all with this kit. Came out amazing...
-All non used wires are rolled up neatly and zip tied under the dash for future use if needed
10 point cage (NHRA Approved)
5 Point Racing Seatbelts (NHRA Approved)
2 Jaz Bucket Seats w/ covers
Autometer Gauge Cluster for OEM instrument cluster replacement with 5 Autometer gauges and 3 heavy duty switches for fans and fuel pump
Autometers Gauges Consist of - Small Gauges: oil pressure, water temp, trans temp, fuel level - Big Gauges: Speed and RPM
15gal Jaz Fuel Cell
Relocated battery to the rear with an aluminum enclosed battery housing
Rear Aluminum Firewall which is carpeted and insulated on the inside (NHRA Approved)
on/off cuttoff switch (located over the rear bumper - passenger side) (NHRA Approved)
OEM Carpet, floormats, headliner, dash pad, door panels, rear panels, side mirror (1 still in box) - All from Classic Industries

Last thing:
One of the things I love about this car is its solidness. Doors shut super smooth (smoother than my new FJ), the ride is awesome, no rattles even on speed bumps. Best way to describe it is that it feels like it was just built.

The Bad:
-Trans is bad but not enough to stop me from going to the coffee shop. Regardless, the trans will be swapped when the car is purchased.
-Once the reality of someone purchasing this thing sets in, you might have to deal with a grown man crying during the purchase...

------

New pics taken this afternoon (9-1-12)

DSC_00311000.jpg

DSC_00221000.jpg

DSC_00241000.jpg

DSC_00261000.jpg

DSC_00271000.jpg

DSC_00361000.jpg

DSC_00351000.jpg

DSC_00391000.jpg

DSC_00121000.jpg

DSC_00191000.jpg

DSC_00131000.jpg

DSC_00141000.jpg

Last edited:

Snea

guys, i'm up for any offers:
built tacomas
enclosed truggies
etc

pretty much any built expedition related vehicle (pref toyota powered) but willing to consider others
hit me with offers guys, dont be scurd...

Snea

UPDATE: Arrangements for the transmission have been made:
I've purchased a new TH350 Manual Valve Body Trans (built to handle 800+hp)
Trans will be swapped and completed by Sunday (9-9-12)

troy

Adventurer
Have you posted to stevesnovasite.com? In your same situation, one of my first cars ('66 Nova) gets driven 2-300 miles a year. Think we're the only two nova owners on this forum?

Looks nice, price is reasonable, good luck with the sale.

Snea

Thanks Troy, looks like youre now the only Nova owner on this site.
Nova is no loner available (traded 2 weeks ago)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke