Ford Bronco Fullsize 1991 from Europe

remco

Observer
Hi, now we are for one month at home from our big jurney and I thinking about whats now? :)

So We have been very happy with our bronco on Central Asia trip but want to something bigger for next trip. I just start to thinking about this:

onXaW9.jpg

5bWYZz.jpg

YLwdCG.jpg

sqd3jK.jpg

DSFJZc.jpg

vQC96W.jpg

yCJKi6.jpg

Mu8xKY.jpg

sdwhip

Observer
I enjoy seeing your trips and pictures. What you have designed looks great and I hope you are able to get it done. It looks like it would suit ya'll well.

KMM4x4

Observer
Your car impresses. Such too go by open spaces of Russia. Their truth isn't enough. I frankly speaking, very much am glad to do a bit of traveling on such charismatic car.

remco

Observer
Ok, so we starting to build our camper. Now we have 1:1 scale wooden model ready and going to make a dural profiles final scelet with aluminium plates covering....

IMG_4770_2.jpg

IMG_4773_2.jpg

IMG_4774_2.jpg

IMG_4777_2.jpg

IMG_4779_2.jpg

IMG_4781_2.jpg

IMG_4785_2.jpg

IMG_4836.jpg

IMG_4837.jpg

IMG_4843.jpg

Last edited:

busbart

Observer
Hello Remco,

Good looking Idea!

Be careful you put not too much load on your rear axle! very Important!
Also the rear spare tyre, have a look how much distance it is from the centre of the rear axle, and weigh it, than you can calculate the dynamic weight. then you might decide to place it at another place.

do you put the new camper over the existing sheet metal in the back, or do you cut of the existing sheet metal and replace by the new camper?

be sure that you do NOT pass over the GVW with your camper and personal stuff.
you really need a bit of reserve.

I went into Libia with a '77 Dodge W-200 and I took 1600Kg of camp stuff and spare parts, after 5 weeks and roughly 15 000Km further all the sheet metal from the bed was gone, only held together by these heavy duty rachet straps.

That's how I know.

good luck!

remco

Observer
Hi,

I think and hope that the question of total weight will be ok. On the last trip (25 000km in central Asia) we have lot of stuffs. Normal empty weight of our bronco is aprox. 2400 kg. On the trip we were something like 3200 kg. Car was ok all the trip with this. But because this new camper buil we have to put down some stuffs from normal expedition setup...:

- OEM Hardtop
- roofrack
- rooftop tent
- rooftop box for spares parts
- inside rollbar cage
- back tail gate with window and motor
- all wooden inside interior boxes (we made heavy from wood)

aprox. - 500 kg.

we hope that new Aluminium camper with all details will be somewhere about 300-350 kg...

we will see :)

AFBronco235

Crew Chief
Why are you having the camper come down that low over the body? I know you have your reasons, but I'm just curious as to what they are. Also, what sort of buffer are you going the have between that portion of the camper and the body and paint?

remco

Observer
Only for design and we get some space inside in the wide parts of the interior. I want to make the shell like part of car from factory not cargo look hardside pickup caper style.... Al will be in the dark anthracite paint :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94