Basically free Discovery II available in London - needs engine....any plan?

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
My friend in London has a 2000 Discovery with a blown engine. Apparently the turbo went bad and then engine followed...

We are now trying to decide what to do with it. Quotes to replace the engine have been around 2500 pounds which is probably what the car is worth.
He had just put about 2500 pounds into it not long ago to pass the last MOT.

Anyone has a suggestion on what to do? At this point he is about to sell it for scrap for next to nothing.

If someone around London is interested let me know!

D

Deleted member 48574

I'm nowhere near London but rather then scrapping it, can he break it down and part it out on EBay? He will learn a lot about how they are made and probably get more then a scrapper will offer.

Regards
Craig

LR Max

Local Oaf
Sell it whole. Sounds like he is done with it which is fair enough. Call up a local independent rover shop, they would probably make him a semi-decent offer on it.

D

Deleted member 48574

There shows my NA bias -- the only rover shops I see are stocked with rather expensive people and aren't really in the used/parts business the way a Stateside auto wrecker would be. Definitely if you can sell it whole and have someone else do the parting out its far less work!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94