Building My Overland Tacoma: Plans, Progress, Perplexions

Photog

Explorer
You could wire the switch to be on, in both "on" positions. Just split the incoming power and ground wires. This might allow the indicator light to work properly.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
You could wire the switch to be on, in both "on" positions. Just split the incoming power and ground wires. This might allow the indicator light to work properly.

That's a good idea. I had not thought of doing that.

Although at this point I kind of like the off in two positions.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
I finally upgraded the generic floor mats that I picked up used on the day I bought the truck.
(I find it odd that they sell a vehicle without floor mats, maybe a bottom line model but a top line model?)

I looked around and found this company.

I bought the floor liners. That's right, they are not floor mats, they are floor liners. I am super impressed with them, very cool product.

Weather Tech Floor Liners

By the time I vacuumed out the truck and put in the floor liners it was dark. So photos of the new Weather Tech floor will have to wait. But I can say that they fit great and they look like they will handle a boot-full of melting snow with ease. The rear one piece liner will keep dirty gear and spilled food and drink in check.

Applejack

Explorer
Hey......I like those especially the one for the back. Do they make them for double cabs? Mine came with floor mats, they were part of an upgraded TRD group but, I only use those in the summer. I bought some rubber ones that have stiff ridges that hurt my heel when I drive with my shoes off. Yours look much more comfortable.

richard cabesa

Adventurer
I had a set of these in my F150 and they worked great. After 8 years as a work truck and absolutly everything else about that truck trashed, the carpet was in good shape under them.

keezer36

Adventurer
Wonderful floor mats. I've had mine for about a year now. They are still in the exact same shape they were when new. They have now gone through their first and god help me last Ohio winter and held every bit of wet sloppy crap my shoes could drop on them.

heeltoe989

Explorer
I finally upgraded the generic floor mats that I picked up used on the day I bought the truck.
(I find it odd that they sell a vehicle without floor mats, maybe a bottom line model but a top line model?)

I looked around and found this company.

I bought the floor liners. That's right, they are not floor mats, they are floor liners. I am super impressed with them, very cool product.

Weather Tech Floor Liners

By the time I vacuumed out the truck and put in the floor liners it was dark. So photos of the new Weather Tech floor will have to wait. But I can say that they fit great and they look like they will handle a boot-full of melting snow with ease. The rear one piece liner will keep dirty gear and spilled food and drink in check.

Still on my list of things to get! :smiley_drive:

norshor

Observer
Gotta little of that here too. Not as bad as you guys though. It picked up steam after it went by. How did it end up in town? I know Silver bay got hit pretty hard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles