Building My Overland Tacoma: Plans, Progress, Perplexions

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Gotta little of that here too. Not as bad as you guys though. It picked up steam after it went by. How did it end up in town? I know Silver bay got hit pretty hard.

Hi Norshor,

I didn't know anybody from Duluth was here, welcome to ExPo.

As for the ice, it was pretty bad. It got cold after the storm so the ice stuck around for a while. I had to walk around with Yak-Tracks on for a couple of days.

norshor

Observer
Hi Norshor,

I didn't know anybody from Duluth was here, welcome to ExPo.

As for the ice, it was pretty bad. It got cold after the storm so the ice stuck around for a while. I had to walk around with Yak-Tracks on for a couple of days.

Hey, we ran into eachother a couple of years back at the Banff, back when you had the Subie. I ran a certain gear shop in town. Anyway, the Yak Trax came in mighty handy the last few weeks. Did you make it down to Cornucopia this year? We got some great shots down there at the ice caves.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Hey, we ran into eachother a couple of years back at the Banff, back when you had the Subie. I ran a certain gear shop in town. Anyway, the Yak Trax came in mighty handy the last few weeks. Did you make it down to Cornucopia this year? We got some great shots down there at the ice caves.

Sent you a PM.

Lost Canadian

Expedition Leader
Wow, that's one clean interior! If only my truck looked like that.:( My interior is covered in dog hair and mud, not to mention it smells like wet dog.

Good stuff, the truck is looking good.

Applejack

Explorer
do the holes for the factory floormat clips leak at all? it seems counter productive to have them on a floor liner.

Not sure if they leak or not but, a manufacturer will always look for the most simple way to install their product, if they are smart. If you had to remove the floor mat hooks some people just would avoid buying that product (lots of lazy or inept people on the planet, to cater to). Anyway there are raised ribs on those liners that catch all the gunk and water and keep them from flooding the holes. I'd love a set, my carpet is getting aged looking from cheapo mats that don't have as great of coverage.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
I finally upgraded the generic floor mats that I picked up used on the day I bought the truck.
(I find it odd that they sell a vehicle without floor mats, maybe a bottom line model but a top line model?)

I looked around and found this company.

I bought the floor liners. That's right, they are not floor mats, they are floor liners. I am super impressed with them, very cool product.

Weather Tech Floor Liners

By the time I vacuumed out the truck and put in the floor liners it was dark. So photos of the new Weather Tech floor will have to wait. But I can say that they fit great and they look like they will handle a boot-full of melting snow with ease. The rear one piece liner will keep dirty gear and spilled food and drink in check.

Weather Techs are the only way to go IMHO. I have had a set in the front of my truck since new in 2005 and my carpets are still new underneath. The only issue as that after some time, that shiny square WT logo at the sill will come off. I will be adding a rear floor liner at some point.

I highly recommend these, they are well worth the money.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Well I have a hurt knee, so for this next trip squatting is out of the question. I have added a PETT toilet to my camping system.

PEpettcombo-L.jpg

At 5x19x14" it does take up a fair amount of space. But for what it is the size is compact, and it will allow time for contemplation.

Bought from Sierra Expeditions Here.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
And while you are at Sierra Expeditions check out the tool roll.

detail_571_5019-_1_sized.gif

plugin_rollover_images.php

Made in the U.S.A.

I am very impressed with it. We could use about 8 of them on the boat.

Link

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94