Spotted: AT Chaser in Jefferson NJ

boknows

Adventurer
I just moved my family from NC to Dover New Jersey. Having never lived in Northern Jersey, I was pretty discouraged by the prospects of outdoor activity up here but this place has got some promise. Today, while driving around Jefferson, New Jersey, I spotted a Chaser being pulled by a tan JK. These are rare enough to see about...even more so on the east coast. From one owner to the other, this made my day. If you are on here, shoot me a PM.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Pennsylvania is even worse.
I went to Gander Mountain and asked if they carry any Roof top tents and they asked me what they were.
Same thing with the snooty yuppy REI in Pittsburgh. What is it?
Bass pro shop sells them but they are in West Virginia.

gordinho80

Adventurer
Not an AT Chaser, but NJ local. Hopefully, my trailer will be on the road this month! Heading to Upstate NY in Oct and really hoping to make it the maiden voyage of my custom built trailer.

Welcome to NJ, my wife and I have actually been talking about moving to NC. Looking at Wilmington area.

boknows

Adventurer
Wilmington is nice. I have taken my trailer out to FT fisher beach a few times but the sand can be a bit daunting. They have another beach called the North Shore, it's the more popular beach but they don't like trailers out there.

jscusmcvet

Explorer
North Jersey has some beautiful parks and state lands. Check out Norvin Green State Forest and the Delaware Water Gap State Park. You used to be able to start at the water gap on I80 and hike north with no interuption of the world up through High Point State park. The AT wanders through there and eventually up to NY State. There you can find Bear Mountain State Park and miles and miles of wilderness. Folks just don't know... Down south the Pinelands offer endless miles of canoe or kayak exploring and some sandy four wheeling...

John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior