35's on Gen 2/2.5

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
JJ's SWB 3" BL 2" suspension on 35's
2003%u0025204WD%20Vacation0010.jpg

Kevin's old Montero on 35's and 2" BL 2" suspension under water
kevingila2.jpg

The only picture of Jay's SR on 35's 2" BL
Newtires.jpg

Still searching for a few more AZ crew trucks on 35's; Johnny's SR, Clay's SR, Clay's Black SWB, John bongs RS, Pat's original SWB on 35's, Pat's truggy on 37's and i think Dylan is on 35's too

Hope the above pics will make you guys buy 35's and move to Az

Mephisto

I've had 35s on all four of my mitsus, only my 91 pajero (2nd gen) had a 1 3/4" BL, the rest had the T-bars cranked and perhaps a bit of a suspension lift in the back. My 93 Paj had no lift whatsoever for quite a while, but I just ordered the 2" spring spacers and I cranked the T-bars. For gearing I don't find the 35s too bad, although I need to slip the clutch a bit more when I'm starting on a hill. I mean, lets face it the reduction gears in the transfercase are what sucks offroad, the bigger tires only make it marginally worse.

cap510

Adventurer
94SR sitting on 37s (3" BL)
Picture going up Cadillac Hill on the Rubicon Trail
304488_10100116307186728_1295359843_n.jpg

94SR sitting on 35s (2" BL)
SlickRock Trail
IMG_0289.jpg

Silverwulf

Adventurer
I was looking at getting some wider steel wheels.swqueezing a 12.5 on a 7" rim can be done, but I now see why it is discouraged.

I looked at a set of 15x8 soft 8's and the fake bead lock, like the ones in the pic above. The fake bead lock adds 11lbs ber wheel. Thats 44lbs in unnecessary rotating mass! forget that! I will be ordering the soft 8's next week, thank you very much.

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
I was looking at getting some wider steel wheels.swqueezing a 12.5 on a 7" rim can be done, but I now see why it is discouraged.

I looked at a set of 15x8 soft 8's and the fake bead lock, like the ones in the pic above. The fake bead lock adds 11lbs ber wheel. Thats 44lbs in unnecessary rotating mass! forget that! I will be ordering the soft 8's next week, thank you very much.

Silver,

This might interest you,
I got these for sale. Ill give a Montero owner playa price special.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/pts/3273786088.html

cap510

Adventurer

I believe they fake bead locks actually re-enforce the wheel bead and if you look at it from a diferent perspective it might help lower you center of gravity! hahaha! :sombrero:

Sabre

Overlanding Nurse

I looked at a set of 15x8 soft 8's and the fake bead lock, like the ones in the pic above. The fake bead lock adds 11lbs ber wheel. Thats 44lbs in unnecessary unsprung weight! forget that! I will be ordering the soft 8's next week, thank you very much.
Fixed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94