A brand new 416 trailer kit from MD enterprises

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
WOW $1500.00 is not too bad, It would be nice, If you could just buy the tub for 1/2 that and make your own extended custom frame.

Attachments

• trailerassy2.jpg
    trailerassy2.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 10

Robert Bills

Explorer
The Bensinger kit is from MD Juan in the Philippines. It is a close reproduction, but not entirely accurate and there are some fitment issues, but nothing good auto body skills can't handle. MD Juan has been making repro parts for many years.

Flyfishjeep

Adventurer
Those kits are not M416s, they are Bantam/M100 reproduction kits. The M100/Bantam trailers are about 2 inches narrower and have round fenders and not square fenders. The tubs are nice reproductions and fit the bill to replace a rusted out restoration project.

McZippie

Walmart Adventure Camper
Interesting. The video is from 2008, wonder what ever came of it? I'm surprised no one has done this yet, also very curious about the price point.

-Josh

I just completed one this year. Build is at my signature Clicky below.
The video isn't of a post WWII M416. It's of a WWII Bantam T3 or Willys MBT.
They are the same trailer, except for minor shock mount differences.
292149_4157131851161_452625152_n.jpg

ManleyORV

Rugged. Reliable. Ready.
I just completed one this year. Build is at my signature Clicky below.
The video isn't of a post WWII M416. It's of a WWII Bantam T3 or Willys MBT.
They are the same trailer, except for minor shock mount differences.
292149_4157131851161_452625152_n.jpg

Looks great. I like the silver and black wheels!

-Josh

Kflash

Adventurer
Don't forget front line millitary and surplus jeep parts. Both are in PA and have many m416 (1/4 ton) trailer parts.

Dog_Wagon

disclaimer, I have no experiance w/this kit. However I work at a resto shop and am just finishing 1 and still fighting another CJ (3a and 3b) using the MD Juan reproduction bodies (as they are the only option) and they are horrid. a trailer will likley be better as even if they totaly botched them as they did the CJ's you should be able to correct most of it. plan on re drilling holes and not one plane of these things to exist in square to anything else. The cj are are twisted, have incorrect fenders, windshield frames, dash boards and fire walls to list a few. That said good luck and i may have to give one of these a shot for my self.

shogun

Adventurer
Don't forget front line millitary and surplus jeep parts. Both are in PA and have many m416 (1/4 ton) trailer parts.

I would be VERY cautious dealing with frontline. Misrepresenting applications, condition and refusal to accept returns.

McZippie

Walmart Adventure Camper
disclaimer, I have no experiance w/this kit. However I work at a resto shop and am just finishing 1 and still fighting another CJ (3a and 3b) using the MD Juan reproduction bodies (as they are the only option) and they are horrid. a trailer will likley be better as even if they totaly botched them as they did the CJ's you should be able to correct most of it. plan on re drilling holes and not one plane of these things to exist in square to anything else. The cj are are twisted, have incorrect fenders, windshield frames, dash boards and fire walls to list a few. That said good luck and i may have to give one of these a shot for my self.

With my MD Juan Trailer, fitting the tub to the frame was a bit of a struggle.
Had to make removable metal shims to start the tub's long sides to fit over the frame.
Lot's of clamping pressure required to force the tub and frame together.
The two frame center supports still required a 1/4" flat stock to fill the gap between the trailer floor.

Top of trailer at bed rails is about 3/16" out of square measured diagonally.
Frame is square.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles