Toyo OPEN COUNTRY A/T II

Allof75

Pathfinder
Alright, I got them installed. Here's a few photos:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

It's too early to make judgements, but I'm warming up to the tread pattern, it is very quiet on the road, however the ride, at this point, seems to be just a bit 'Jouncy' but perhaps that's another sign I need new shocks and struts or maybe lower the pressure. Anyway, enjoy!

spressomon

Expedition Leader
^ Toyo mentions on their website certain sizes are a little more aggressive or "Xtreme" model variant as they say. Do you know if your's are the standard issue or the Xtreme version?

If this is your first set of Toyo tires you might just be feeling their extra thick sidewall construction. The thicker sidewalls tend to make the ride a bit more 'stiff' than most of the similar model competing tires on the market. And it seems many tire shops like to over-inflate them...

They look nice BTW!

Allof75

Pathfinder
^ Toyo mentions on their website certain sizes are a little more aggressive or "Xtreme" model variant as they say. Do you know if your's are the standard issue or the Xtreme version?

If this is your first set of Toyo tires you might just be feeling their extra thick sidewall construction. The thicker sidewalls tend to make the ride a bit more 'stiff' than most of the similar model competing tires on the market. And it seems many tire shops like to over-inflate them...

They look nice BTW!

Thank you, and yes they are my first set of Toyos, though my friend had the Gen 1 OC AT on his Bronco for many years, and their lasting over 100k helped sway my purchase. I don't mind a thicker sidewall if I avoid blowouts. :)

As far as I know, my tires are not the "Xtreme" model, because (someone correct me if I'm wrong) if it is, then Xtreme is embossed on the sidewall.

spressomon

Expedition Leader
^ Thanks! They have considerably more void than my current 35" Toyo OC ATs! And much improved sidewall lugs! Should be a winner for them for sure.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I like them and I can't wait for mine to (eventually...) arrive.

But why do they have to stamp "XTREME" on the side like that?
It looks like something from a Mountain Dew commercial.

DSC00051.jpg

Last edited:

hoser

Explorer
Below is a list of the Extreme (XTREME) sizes.

Looks like they have my size :smiley_drive:

0-xtreme1-tiff.jpg0-xtreme2-tiff.jpg

Last edited:

jim65wagon

I like them and I can't wait for mine to (eventually...) arrive.

But why do they have to stamp "XTREME" on the side like that?
It looks like something from a Mountain Dew commercial.

Its the natural progression of things in this Red Bull fueled age of extremities. Same reason my favorite (currently) Cooper Discoverer ST's are the MAXX (note the use of 2 X's to denote that they are more maximum than a regular old maximum)

Good luck with your new tires Bill.

ToolBox Guy

Adventurer
Got my new shoes today. Feel great on the road.

I just got out of a set of Nitto Trail Grapplers. I loved that tire, until recently. They started wearing incredibly fast.

Pics.

image - 12.jpeg

image.jpeg

image - 2.jpg

image - 4.jpg

image - 6.jpeg

image - 8.jpg

image - 10.jpeg

Slicky72

Adventurer
Well I was looking for a tire in the 255/85r16 size but decided to go with these in a 285/75r16 . Was promised they would be in early this week. They are likely coming from south of the boarder since they are not even on the Canadian Toyo site yet.

ToolBox Guy

Adventurer
I logged about 400 miles on mine this weekend, about 25 miles of it was high speed graded dirt road and sand, the rest was highway.

This tire is extremely comfortable and confident at speed, on dirt and pavement. Not sure if it is the "New Shoe" theory, (I can jump higher and run faster), but my truck just feels so much smoother, quieter, and stable with these instead of the Nitto Trail Grapplers.

Mojave.JPG

Last edited:

CYi5

Explorer
This tire is extremely comfortable and confident at speed, on dirt and pavement....my truck just feels so much smoother, quieter, and stable with these instead of the Nitto Trail Grapplers.

None of these improvements surprise me coming from Trail Grapplers, haha. Great looking rig, glad you're happy with your new shoes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94