Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Our Scandanavian/European trip.

Default Our Scandanavian/European trip.

Hi All,
    My wife and I are steadily working our way around Scandinavia and Europe...Having been through Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Estonia and Latvia.
    I was recommended to join this site from another, and it looks pretty good to me, I'm enjoying reading of others trips, as we nick wi-fi from outside a spa hotel somewhere....
    It's a bit of an anthropological journey for me, or maybe just getting to know the neighbours.
    I can assure you, there will be no self empowerment involved.
    http://holidayjollity.wordpress.com/

We bought a van, a load of gear, and I made it into a camper van. Pretty hurriedly in fact. The only bit that has let us down so far was Fords doing, ie the engine. The whole thing has been great fun, and a bit of hard work, so far.

Cheers, Kevin.

A couple of posts on http://holidayjollity.wordpress.com/ for Latvia and Lithuania.

Too bad you did not let me know you were travelling through Denmark! I would have been happy to say hello here in Copenhagen/KÝbenhavn. Let me know next time you are in this neck of the woods, so to speak.... Cheers, Chilli....

Hi Kev,

Really enjoying the blog. I am very envious. We did part of your route a couple of years back and thought Gerainger Fjord was trashed by it's world heritage status & quickly headed back into the hills in search of Trolls! (found Musk Ox!)
    Did you see the Youtube footage of the Atlantic Rd in a storm that Haven posted on here?
    Off to see if I can find a copy of the Monocle in Ambleside now....

Cheers

James

Hi Chaps,
    We me well end up going through Denmark again, and would love to go back to Copenhagen, Chilli, when we do, I'll look you up for drink or two, cheers mate.

James, yep Gerainger fyord, Flam etc have all been buggered by mass tourism, I am scathing in my blog about the cruise/coach loads appearing at these lovely places, but while trying to remember that I am just another bloody tourist.....they are horrible though! But, as you say, the great thing about Norway is that you can just take off elsewhere, and have a fjarl or a fyord to yourself. I've only ever learned stuff about the country or people by not being anywhere near the tourist route. I met a lovely woman today in a bakers in a nowhere town in Poland, who gave me a better insight into this country than anything I've read, and a Polish donut. Claire wouldn't let me take her with us...spoilsport.
    I bet you can find a copy of Monocle in Ambleside.....next to that posh organic food shop, but maybe not near Wastwater...
    Anyway, there's not much nicer than the lakes for me, but Norway is something else...
    I'm off to search for that footage of the coast road you mentioned, an erie place, where I listened to Bjorks "Anchor song" a lot..it fitted perfectly.
    Cheers mate, Kev.
    Last edited by Kev sealby; 09-12-2012 at 08:01 PM.

Hello Kev, I am usually in Canada in the summer drinking beers like these......

Or you can follow my recent adventure here....
    http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...nada-part-deux
    Tell me what you think.....
    Last edited by chilliwak; 09-12-2012 at 09:05 PM.

A wonderful country, with wonderful beer! Czech Republic.http://holidayjollity.wordpress.com/

I have a plan to visit Czech Republic with my friend and may be in this October. It has some good palces where you can go and enjoy your vacations and holidays. The Czech Republic is well-known for its Bohemian Crystal (Czech Glass). The center of manufacturing is in Novy Bor, located to the northeast of Prague.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal32 View Post
    I have a plan to visit Czech Republic with my friend and may be in this October. It has some good palces where you can go and enjoy your vacations and holidays. The Czech Republic is well-known for its Bohemian Crystal (Czech Glass). The center of manufacturing is in Novy Bor, located to the northeast of Prague.
    Hi Marshal, Yep, there's lots of bohemian glass to be found all over Bohemia, although I prefered it full of good Czech Lager....
    Olomouc is the place I would recommend most...nice feel to a nice town..and the beer in Moritz is fantastic.
    The whole country is great though, history, landscape etc...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast