A2A Expedition - From Africa to Argentina to Alaska

OttawaXJ

Observer
Hope you packed Parkas, guessing you're going to end up in Canada around christmas time or so. -40 Celcius will ruin your appetite for adventure real quick unless you're used to it. I'm a blue blooded Canadian and I dont like camping in 3 feet of snow when its -40 out lol. -20 I can handle, not any less than that though. lol

Sidebar

Observer
Hope you packed Parkas, guessing you're going to end up in Canada around christmas time or so. -40 Celcius will ruin your appetite for adventure real quick unless you're used to it. I'm a blue blooded Canadian and I dont like camping in 3 feet of snow when its -40 out lol. -20 I can handle, not any less than that though. lol

Us Africans don't have any clue when it comes to snow. We are going to head up slowly and camp in Mexico for a month or two while we wait for summer in the US. No way we are going to be heading to Alaska in Winter. Southern Argentina and Chile was cold enough for us. -10 in the Atacama was murder.Inappropriate Attire.jpg

Sidebar

Observer

Us Africans don't have any clue when it comes to snow. We are going to head up slowly and camp in Mexico for a month or two while we wait for summer in the US. No way we are going to be heading to Alaska in Winter. Southern Argentina and Chile was cold enough for us. -10 in the Atacama was murder.
We are doing a photo series called "Inapprpriate Attire" You can see we were freezing!
View attachment 163293

mwfish

When you guys make it to Alaska, make sure you stop at the Chena Hot Springs. It is outside of Fairbanks with a good place to camp, they do charge $20us to camp. Might be a good place to rest after traveling the Haul Road. Good luck.

DiploStrat

Expedition Leader
If all else fails, I know a good mechanic and shop in La Paz.

And don't forget that you have an invitation to visit Washington when you get here.

Safe travels!

OverlandingMan

Sidebar is now OverlandingMan

Hey guys, Sidebar here aka Overlandingman. Apologies for the lack of updates, I have realised that I am not really good at updating forums on the road and have been focusing on updating on our Facebook page as, honestly, it is just easier. We will probably be at the Overland Expo West this year if the Landy or Gods of the road don't have any objections. Since we last posted we have circumnavigated the continent, almost twice actually. Look forward to meeting you all. Graeme.

justbecause

perpetually lost
portal has decided (or word press has decided) I can't post comments on front page articles anymore.

#3, why we cant apply the "right on red" logic to every single intersection action is beyond me. If its clear we should be able to proceed, better, every single redlight should be taken down and intersections should be replaced with round abouts.

#12, how do you dislike chipotle? Its some of the best fast food around, and if you make a chart ranking "healthy" and "taste good" it would dominate.

#13, thanks federal food subsides and regulatory agencies bought and sold by manufactures.

# 14 this is a hot dog.
Hot-Dogs_8-to-1_470x500.jpg

this is a brat
bratwurst-peppers-onions-sl.jpg

there are important differences in taste, quality, prep, and delivery.

I like your topic combination choice for 17, healthcare and elections are both huge practical jokes where no one laughs and almost everyone loses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste