Thread: A2A Expedition - From Africa to Argentina to Alaska

Looking forward to this expedition!

Sorry for the lack of updates, my wife semi killed my laptop by dropping it out of the Landy and finding camps with wifi has been an issue. Tech troubles aside all is well with the Bell family and we are having a great time in southern Brazil. We have met quite a few wonderful people and the camps have been safe and affordable. Right now we are in the city of Florianopolis which is absolutely amazing. I cant believe that this place is such a well kept secret.

Uruguay was also fantastic but we were caught in a cyclone on our first weekend of overlanding. We moved into a little bungalow when the trees started falling over but our Howling Moon roof top tent was doing a great job keeping us dry even after 18 hours of steady rain.

Here is a blog I wrote while in Uruguay.

http://blog.getaway.co.za/travel-blo...nd-yerba-mate/

Will post some pics and reports as soon as I repair my Sony.

Cheers.

Right, so the laptop has been un-murdered and we can resume posting. We are currently in Porto Seguro getting our act together before we head north for Salvador city, Natal and Forteleza. After a few hundred miles of beach driving we will then head down south through the Amazon, Pantanal and a desert ot 2 before re-entering Argentina. Then we will be going south to Ushuaia and then up the west coast to Alaska.
    Mermaid Beach (1024x768).jpgIMG_0304 (1024x575).jpgSurfer statue (862x1024).jpgIMG_0426 (1024x575).jpg

Sweet looking Defender! Are you possibly going up I-5 of the US West Coast through the Washington State area? We have a good size Land Rover club here.
    Safe travels. Subscribed to thread.
    2004 D2
    2008 LR3

Quote Originally Posted by h2os2 View Post
    Sweet looking Defender! Are you possibly going up I-5 of the US West Coast through the Washington State area? We have a good size Land Rover club here.
    Safe travels. Subscribed to thread.
    Hi. We will be heading up the West Coast but at the moment have no clue how long it will take to care there. Keep an eye on us (I will make an effort to be more productive) and hopefully we can meet your club.

Cheers

This is wonderful, good luck and a safe journey!
    Paul Carrill
    Adventure Tool Company LLC
    www.adventuretoolcompany.com
    "Like" us on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/AdventureToolCompany

Aka: "BritKLR"

-1987 FJ60 "RhinoRide"
    -1970 FJ55 "WorkingPig"
    -1994 Suzuki Samurai "Sami"
    -2003 Kawasaki KLR 650 "The KLR"
    -1997 GMC Sierra 2500 4x4 "Bubba"
    -1976 Triumph TR6 "Red Headed Girlfriend"

Subscribed

And very funny rules in the first post. I would love to see Machu Picchu.

I did a "bookreport" about it in 5th grade.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from us overlanding Africans in Brazil!!!

Here is our latest video, I hope you enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41b1UGuZop8

From 22/12/12 until 23/12/12 we drove the beach route to Pipa Beach and from there to Natal for Christmas. The BR 101 freeway would have been quicker but driving that road is like Purgatory!

From Natal we will be heading 700 km North to Fortaleza, which apparently, we will be able to drive to almost entirely on the beach. In preparation for a week or so of off road driving we have been downloading tide charts, moon phases and recipes for meals consisting of fish, coconut and rice. There are some rather major rivers and swamps to traverse which we will either drive around or ferry across if ferries are available.

I hope you like the video! The song is by David Bowie.

Sorry for the lack of updates. Need to get my butt into gear and do some regular posting. We have since travelled 32000 km's from Montevideo, Uruguay almost to the Equator then all the way down to Ushuaia and are now in Northern Chile in a city called Iquique taking a break and working on the Landy. Here is our latest blog:

http://www.a2aexpedition.com/10-tips...south-america/

We are active on Facebook, it is just the easiest way to upload photos and chat to people in real time.

Been following you guys Facebook. Been enjoying following along

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast