New Member Intro

Jasonazx

Adventurer
I just introduced myself on Mud so I figured I would here as well!
Well, after lurking for while and not introducing myself I decided I should introduce myself! I come from the Nissan wheeling world having owned a 95 Pathfinder and a 2000 Xterra. After watching me wheel my Nissan's for a while my dad started showing interest in the sport. So, we started searching for the ultimate offroad beast for him. I suggested the 80 series cruiser simply because it had everything that I wished I had with my Nissan's (solid front axle, more cargo space, better aftermarket support etc.).

He ended up purchasing a 93 FZJ80 about 2 years ago. After performing all the pm maintenance he began modding it. This included an OME 850/863 lift with 285X75X16 BFG AT KO's, ARB front bumper, Hanna Sliders, and Kaymar rear bumper with tire carrier. Of course I was geeked a little more about this and installed much of this equipment, so I learned a lot about the cruiser during this stage.

Well, fast forward a couple of years and interests and priorities changed and my dad told me he was going to put the cruiser up for sale. There was no way I was going to let this thing slip away so I sold my Xterra and purchased the cruiser. With the left over money I put a T-Max 12,500 winch in the ARB, slee upgrade harnesses, 1 1/4" coil spacers in the front, since it was open I put an ARB Rear Air locker in the rear, transferred a lot of the electronics from the Xterra and into the Cruiser (stereo, cb etc), and purchased a Roof Top Tent. This setup has been excellent!

I am definately no newbie to wheeling and have done my fair share stretching the limits of the Nissan's capabilities. So far I have taken it out on some trails in Tucson such as Chiva Falls, a complete tour of the state of Colorado (including wheeling Ouray), and will be attending Surf N Turf this year!

The difference between the Xterra with lifted IFS and the Cruiser is amazing. I no longer worry about half shafts, crappy Calmini idler arm bushings, upper control arm squeeks etc! I am truly obsessed with this thing and spend way too much time lurking on Mud and Expo! My girlfriend thinks I am insane.... I look forward to contributing more to the site and meeting the many cruiserheads this year at Surf N Turf!

Pics of Xterra:
n48610558_30650165_4957.jpg

n48610558_30929676_5467.jpg

And of course the Cruiser:
n48610558_31684396_4049.jpg

n48610558_31690887_6209.jpg

Last edited:

Jasonazx

Adventurer
Boston Mangler said:
Nice Rig and Welcome!

Was Christo upset when you parked in front of his shop with Hanna Sliders? :shakin:
Haha! I was very sneaky sneaky... I actually went in and picked up a pair of front sway bar drop blocks, so i'd call that even!

Moody

Needs to get out more
I dig. Nice setup...Much like I would hope mine will be like in a year from now...

KC Cruiser

Adventurer
Great rig Jason! Where are you in Tucson? My fiend and I both have lifted 80's and live on the NW side.

Steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles