Cargo Management version 3.0

+vRYNacmY1jPcTUwHbMe1t71uFhgEKhz0300.jpg

zfZ6gwcWpeyIZdavt0jKu5LQQtfI8cxO0300.jpg

Access to the stock jack. Will house a compressor one of these days.
k59nCYKE4vABLSj7B1Ed9ngzugv7P2Oy0300.jpg

RfsAUMkR8FuUagAQVco2ScmLAVB3YcBF0300.jpg

Inside the box. Will mount an auxillary battery, fuse block, etc. here.
The orange thing is a pelican case, but it will be replaced with bags for tools, recovery, etc. that are inside the box.

Next step is making a cargo barrier.
Will be using some stuff like this:
gw24.jpg

I ordered enough that if, the one i build for the X turns out well, I will fab up a few more and sell. If anyone is interested in one for your vehicle (other than an X) send me some detailed drawings and I will see what I can do. :)

What do you guys think?

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Those Hellas would work better if they were on the outside of the vehicle. :jump:

J/K.

Seriously, though, where is the spare tire on the Xterra? Is it outside of the truck or inside? One of the things I hated about having a Subaru wagon was that if I needed to change the tire, I'd have to unload most of the gear from the back as it was under the floor. On the Taco I don't even have to open up the back of the truck: The jack and tools are in the cab and the spare is under the bed, accessible from outside.

Martinjmpr said:
Those Hellas would work better if they were on the outside of the vehicle. :jump:

J/K.

Seriously, though, where is the spare tire on the Xterra? Is it outside of the truck or inside? One of the things I hated about having a Subaru wagon was that if I needed to change the tire, I'd have to unload most of the gear from the back as it was under the floor. On the Taco I don't even have to open up the back of the truck: The jack and tools are in the cab and the spare is under the bed, accessible from outside.

Tire is under the truck.

Hellas caused alot of drag and causing the X to suck a suprising amount of gas... Stay inside when not needed. Takes all of 2 minutes to put them on. I caught someone tampring with them oneday in a parking lot and it spooked me ever since....

RoundOut

Explorer
Could those double as sand ladders if you use the right material, or they going to be permanently fixed in a place not easily accessable??

LaOutbackTrail said:
gw24.jpg

I ordered enough that if, the one i build for the X turns out well, I will fab up a few more and sell. If anyone is interested in one for your vehicle (other than an X) send me some detailed drawings and I will see what I can do. :)

What do you guys think?

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
LaOutbackTrail said:
Heck no.. too light duty.

Hey, you could use them as a sand ladder....

...ONCE! :D

When I was in the Army, we were getting ready to do a parachute jump. There were some vehicles and pallets set up for a heavy drop nearby, and one of the guys in my unit went up to a rigger and asked him if they could "drop" (parachute) an M-1 tank.

The rigger replied "You can drop anything once." :xxrotflma

RoundOut

Explorer
Martinjmpr said:
When I was in the Army, we were getting ready to do a parachute jump. There were some vehicles and pallets set up for a heavy drop nearby, and one of the guys in my unit went up to a rigger and asked him if they could "drop" (parachute) an M-1 tank.

The rigger replied "You can drop anything once." :xxrotflma

:jump:

LaOutbackTrail said:
gw24.jpg

What do you guys think?
sorry but what is "this stuff" where can I buy it? how much does it cost
Thanks
Otto

My supply is top secret. Do a search for Grid panel. The 'stuff' is cheap, but shipping is the killer. It only benefits if you buy in bulk.

Like I said, send me some measurements and I'll fab you up one. Save you the trouble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles