looking for the V 1.6USA firmware for Yaesu FTM350AR

cdnabn49

Observer
I am looking for the V 1.6USA firmware for my FTM350AR - I have a couple of copies for the A/E version and my rig keep reading "FIRM ERROR" when I tried to load it.... so I reinstalled V 1.3Usa back in the rig....

UT-Rover

I don't think Yaesu has released V1.6 for the USA. My understanding that v1.6 is only for Europe only for now.
-Jonathan
KF4FIC

jjohnsonphx

Observer
Was just thinking about firmware for my 350. Anyone upgraded, any significant changes?

Upgraded this week, and I had one issue. The firmware would stop at 21%. I had to set the radio back to factory default. Then the firmware update went without any problems.

Here is what has been fixed.

• Frequency 12.5kHz STEP operation
Correct the manual setting operation for the 12.5 kHz step frequency.
• APRS LIST delete operation
Correct the MIC PTT key operations when transmit and receive information (BEACON and MESSAGE) are deleted from APRS.
• Extension of the APRS transceiver display
The transceiver display is enabled to indicate the model name "TH-D72" when receiving a position packet from a Kenwood Corp. "TH-D72" transceiver.
• Adds Voice announcement stop function of APRS Message
The APRS Message Voice announcement may be stopped by a key operation during the announcement.
• DW Mode key operation
Correct the invalid key operation while receiving the DW priority CH. The key operation can now be carried out.

wheelerdh

K4WHE
I update mine, though don't really see any difference. Maybe I don't use 12.5khz step as others do. Do wish they'd display duplicate APRS beacons (currently there has to be a change in the beacon...). Maybe in the next update.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Oh, another thing that bugs me is that the GPS elevation only displays to 9,999 feet. Wonder if they've ever fixed that.

jjohnsonphx

Observer
I would like to be able to send APRS commands directly to the TNC via the serial port. This is a major oversite in my opinion. And Yes, limiting the altitude is ridiculous since they advertise the nav function and imply it could be used for SAR.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles