Need advise on large RTT's

hammer

Hey Guys,

New to the forum here. Doing some research prior to building a trailer. My camping rig is a 1969 Bronco. My family currently uses a starcraft tent trailer for camping. Works great but limits us on where we can go.

What are my options for 4 person RTT's? From searching around on here it looks like my best bet is a howling moon 2.4M http://www.howlingmoon.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=61&Itemid=74

But at $3500 its not really an option for me.

What else is out there?

The reason I use a tent trailer is because it has 2 queen beds. Most large fifth wheels dont even have that. I hate being cramped when I sleep. Best option I'm coming up with in my mind is to have the kids sleep in the trailer and then the wife and i up top or vice versa.

hammer

This is my truck;

IMG_3011.jpg

This is my concept for a trailer;

TrailerConcept_zps79cf0f90.jpg

Basically I'm using a box off of a '66 ford f250.

0_truck_2_zps704a70a3.jpg

It has the same bedsides as an early bronco. Its just longer and wider. So i'm going to narrow it to early bronco width. then i'm going to take two early bronco hard tops and weld them together so i have functional lift gates on either side. Build an over the canopy rack and then mount my rtt.

Anyways that's an overview so you can get an idea of what I'm planning

Last edited:

JFarris

Wanderer
I have to admit, that's an awesome idea for a trailer to match your bronco. Make sure you post a build thread when you start. Ill be looking forward to it.

FWIW I'm waiting to buy a RTT. I'm saving money, and waiting patiently for the next Howling Moon shipment. I know it'll be well worth it. I've had an ARB, and it wasn't perfect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles