MetalCloak?

Cloaked Willys

And it sounds like MC may be working on some Overland geared parts... Well I can hope can't I?

From a recent MC email update -

"NEW JK PRODUCTS ON THE HORIZON...
The engineering department here at Metalcloak is hush-hush, but there are rumors abound about a new line of products for the JK.
What are they? Let's just say they will have a little different focus then our Rock-Biting products have had.
We've had consistant requests for this new line and, hopefully, it doesn't disappoint. Keep an eye out for the announcement!"

Maybe;)

JFarris

Wanderer
If you guys are coming out with something for us expo people PM me and let me know. I need to get something very soon.

Cloaked Willys

We are making progress. Might sneak some pics out later on our Facebook page. We are working on getting more into this market and our Gamechanger Lite was the first phase in this.

drkddl

Wow, after checking out the page and threads posted, that is some sexy gear. As an engineer, I've never believed in having to compromise on-road comfort and handling in order to achieve off-road prowess. It's nice to see someone putting in the proper R&D time to achieve everything.

If a diesel JK ever happens (come on AEV @ SEMA! *crosses fingers*), I may be a future customer of Metalcloak! :smiley_drive:

Cloaked Willys

OK, We posted a couple of pics up on our facebook page of the prototype :peepwall: Overland fenders. These are designed to be a direct bolt on without the requirement of the exo-skin in the rear that our current ones have. This Jeep has our 2.5" dual rate kit with the OME shocks.

Lionk to the kit on this Jeep - http://www.metalcloak.com/JK-Jeep-Dual-Rate-Lift-Kit-2-5-3-5-ARB-Edition-p/7117.htm

( We are putting 35" falkens and Black rims on this jeep soon. Just waiting for the tires. :p )

176986_10151196755324712_959618230_o.jpg

77461_10151196779179712_647696606_o.jpg

Last edited:

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
Why Overland fenders? Tube Fenders are a bit more of a rock crawling thing right? They look good thought. Think you can get 37 in there?

Cloaked Willys

We are calling them our Overland's because they do not provide the same protection that our Overlines do. They do provide more then the stock flares. These are more for the person that wants the added clearance of a flat fender and more tire coverage then our normal flares. It will clear 37's depending on the tire and wheel combo. We are going with 35's to make it work better off-road at full stuff.

Our Red shop jeep has 37's and our Overline fenders on the full 3.5" Gamechanger.
http://www.cornertravelindex.com/report/9/

Septu

Explorer
What size of tires are on there now? I realize the build isn't done, but how would this look with 35s and a 3.5"?

Cloaked Willys

It currently has the stock size 255/75/17 tires on it. We do have 1.25" wheel spacer on it also.

35" tire are ideal for the about of travel that the suspension can use. For overland style travel most can use a 37" with bump stops.

Collier

My Game Changer install should be ready next week. Here are some shots of testing the flex.

DSCN3164.jpg

DSCN3170.jpg

DSCN3175.jpg

And for fun, a two door with a different lift (2/5") and 37" tires and my JKU with the Game Changer and 35" tires.
DSCN3199.jpg

Cloaked Willys

Just wanted to post an updated pic of the "Overland" jeep that we are building. This is on our 2.5" Gamechanger lite and has our 1st overland prototype fenders on it. It will be getting the new fenders and more equipped as things progress. We installed 35x12.50x17 Falken Tires on 17x9 Black rhino wheels.

574721_10151240986989712_1462244237_n.jpg

Septu

Explorer
Mixed feelings on the fenders. I'm sure from a function point of view that they're great. But with that front bumper and those tires, it looks like there's tons of room there, and that the tires are too small - especially in the rear.

Sorry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior