Let's see your roof-rack organization pics

zscott

Adventurer
Here is a pic of my rack on the roof of my truck, and on top of the shell. I use it to carry the traction ramps, a pelican case full of recovery gear and misc truck parts/fluids, and then some camping chairs. Eventually my awning will go on the side and my RTT is already on the rack over my shell.

el taco loco

Observer
Cargo bag storage solution: this is something I've been thinking about for a while so I finally did it. I used a 100lbs bicycle hoist to store, load and unload the roof top cargo bag. Rather than packing and unpacking stuff from the storage bins at home to the cargo bag and back for each trip. Instead I now have everything stored in the cargo bag (78lbs) ready to be dropped right on the roof rack and go. In theory all I now have to 'pack' is just food and clothes. It's one of those things that once you do it you wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

IMG_5065Custom_zps99bb67e3.jpg

What's stored in the cargo bag:
5 person Eureka tent
3 folding chairs
3 sleeping pads (2.5" and one XL 3.5")
3 sleeping bags
1 XL collapsible dog crate
1 Roll-A-Table

this is something I've been thinking about for a while so I finally did it. I used a 100lbs bicycle hoist to store, load and unload the roof top cargo bag. Rather than packing and unpacking stuff from the cargo bag to the storage bins and back for each trip I now have everything stored in the cargo bag (78lbs) ready to be dropped right on the roof rack. In theory all I now have to 'pack' is just food and clothes. It's one of those things that once you do it you wonder why you didn't do this sooner?'.

IMG_5030Custom_zps9eb3e83c.jpg

Nice!

I am curious as to what bag this is and where you got it. I can get its dimensions online once I know what it is. Thx!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stioc

Expedition Leader
The brand is Keeper and I bought it on Amazon 2yrs ago for around $50. Hope that helps.

el taco loco

Observer
Thanks! Yes, they still have it and it is their number one rated bag. Still only $52 as well! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E.J.

Explorer
DSCN6060.JPG

My roof rack has got a lot less cluttered since finishing our trailer. Shovel, "shower", element ramps, bug shelter.

bluehash

Adventurer
Very cool. Hope to get a Gobi some time. Surprised no one has posted one yet.

Don't have a good view, but here are some pics. I had a pelican case, two scepter cans of water, privy, gas, shovel and an axe. This allowed me to sleep in the jeep... which was good as it rained most of the nights.

iMlYlvkl.jpg

tdwnmfll.jpg

qU8f050l.jpg

cECBl4bl.jpg

jerdog53

Explorer
Very cool. Hope to get a Gobi some time. Surprised no one has posted one yet.

One of the guys I run around with has a Gobi. I really like it and want one but they don't make anything for the Rover so before I got mine I sent them an email about using my LR3 as a prototype as I'm local to them and all I got back was crickets. I wanted to support the local guy buy you have to respond to your emails. I found this one on CL so Gobi lost out on a sale….

xkid

Adventurer
Don't have a good view, but here are some pics. I had a pelican case, two scepter cans of water, privy, gas, shovel and an axe. This allowed me to sleep in the jeep... which was good as it rained most of the nights.

iMlYlvkl.jpg

tdwnmfll.jpg

qU8f050l.jpg

cECBl4bl.jpg
Looks good. We have the same rig and colour.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior