Quick easy question. Disco 1

zolo

Explorer
Ive run this setup on my old RRC.

With a 96 Disco 1. Will a 2" lift be ok for a 235/85-16. Will they fit well without issue?

Thanks. When I did this with the RRC I had to adjust the steering stops.

Should be picking up a Disco 1 next week. Getting plans figured out now. :smiley_drive:

They'll probably fit...you might want to pay attention to the rear of the back wheel opening.

You can adjust steering stops if you want too...or just not turn the wheel so far ;)

I've got (ancient ... I think they've been there since '97) OME HD springs on my '94 and it's been through three sets of 235/85's...still works even though it's nowhere near a 2" lift any more.

Oh! And you're prepared for the loss of caster and resultant steering vague-ness, right?

Last edited:

mowerman

Adventurer
they will fit but you will have to camel cut the rear arches from the rubbing strake back down to the mud flap.
Whether you have to adjust the stops will depend on your wheel offset

Ray_G

Explorer
It will work, camel cut is advisable but may not be necessary depending on actual lift of your rear spring choice (I have a ~2" lift w/235's on mine w/no cut, no issues w/1.5yrs of that setup & a fair amount of wheeling)

R-
Ray

fishEH

Explorer
They'll fit. As mentioned a rear Camel Cut is advisable to prevent bending the fenders. 235/85's should require little to no steering stop adjustment, will probably depend on how aggressive the tire and side life are.

zolo

Explorer
Ok so many folks have mentioned the "camel cut".

This is my first Disco 1, so what is the Cut?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles