Most Excellent YouTube Video, 81 Toy

Erick Lihme

Observer
81' Toyota gets flogged to death but doesn't die even after the frame breaks and looses the bed and rear axle, it still goes dragging the gas tank around.

This guy also revs it consistently between 5 and 8K RPM and it never blows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqkgcHB_J1A

Haven't posted in a while, but had to share this one. I doubt however my 85' could handle the abuse, but glad have the piece of technology to rely on.

Brian894x4

Explorer
I have to admit, that was even more impressive than the top gear video everyone posts all the time. Especially at the end, when the darn thing is still driving around with no rear frame or bed. :yikes:

That was sad to watch though. Poor Toyota deserved so much better. The guy claims he's gonna weld the frame back on and keep driving it..LOL!

Erick Lihme

Observer
You Tube

He has other videos as well. The test is repeatable. There is also one showing another with a blown out piston wall which still runs.

gearbox

Adventurer
Does that creep out anyone else? Seeing that thing run around on its front legs like an undead from a horror flick?

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
Congratulation to those yahoos for some environmentally sensitive behaviour. I know, high school aga jadajadajdada, and maybe it is just me getting old, but this is exactly the type of things - and no matter if this here took place on private land of seomebody's farm - why more and more trails and mud pits are getting closed for the publics. I would be surprised if they afterward disposed of the remains of the Yota properly. I almost would bet the bed and rear frame still sits where they lost it and the cab and engine with oil and everything is left somewhere in the field.

I am also impressed how this poor Toyota clings on to life, but this video does not cut it at all for me :(

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Sad, just sad on so many levels. If you wonder why there's such loyalty to Toyota trucks, there you go.

7wt

Expedition Leader
Underneath all the mud on the front bumper there is a Tread Lightly sticker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94