Thread: So Cal Craigs list find

Default So Cal Craigs list find

Hello,

long time no posting for me, too much work! (Ok a little fishing also)

any way's look what I found on Craig’s list,

http://santabarbara.craigslist.org/rvs/440928039.html

Cheers,
    Matt

PS I won’t be buying it, I have this silly rule for shopping on Ebay/Craig’s list etc. I wont respond to any add that has the words “Rare” “One of a Kind” “Collectors” etc…

I just don’t wont to deal with people that think their stuff is worth more than it is. I mean come on, you’re selling it on the Internet, and it’s not in the Smithsonian…

He lives in a home on wheels and camps in a tent on wheels. Cool!

kcowyo is offline Expedition Portal Moderator ExPo Original
    I don't think it's misleading to call it "rare". He is asking a premium though for a tent in a box trailer with no ammenities.

The cargo rack is a nice touch but it looks like you'd have to completely unload it before setting up the tent. I think the Jumping Jack trailer may be a better design.

Nice CL find -
    '97 Toyota T100 - some stuff and some stories....
    '89 Toyota FJ62 - fractal cruising

currently listening to - Michael Kiwanuka "Home Again"
    recommended reading - Dead Run by Dan Schultz

Nice find! But i'll wait for a AT for the suspension.
    Dave & Yoshi
    The Adventure Duo
    2003 Sportsmobile EB 7.3 PSD
    1997 Landcruiser 80 Series Collectors Edition
    2005 Suzuki DRZ400s
    Tread Lightly! Trainer | Manufacturer of the Trasharoo

Quote Originally Posted by rvrfish

PS I won’t be buying it, I have this silly rule for shopping on Ebay/Craig’s list etc. I wont respond to any add that has the words “Rare” “One of a Kind” “Collectors” etc…

I just don’t wont to deal with people that think their stuff is worth more than it is. I mean come on, you’re selling it on the Internet, and it’s not in the Smithsonian…
    Agreed. I just found a generator that is within $50 of a new one and the seller did not have the manual or accessories. He was so sure of his "great" price that he even called me to try to convince me of it even after I sent him web links for better priced (new) units.
    Jim
    4x4 Tourist

Trip reports are on my Blog: "Sun To The North"

Two Favorite Expo Quotes: "A bad day on the trail is better than a good day in the city" & "Bad days make for GREAT stories!"

craigslist is the strangest place. I just sold a laptop via craigslist and when the fellas met me I think they thought they were gonna jack it. After that little episode, I did wind up selling to a guy that "forgot" the price and brought $300 less, thinking that waving cash would be enough. I won't use it again.
    Chance favors the prepared mind.

All cowardice comes from not loving, or not loving well, which is the same thing. EH