Where the Eyes Go - 3 months in Central America and Mexico.

Thanks for sharing your report with us. My wife and I toured parts of Guatemala in 1995 and visited some of the same areas you guys went to, but in a much shorter time frame. This really brings back some great memories for me.

kchristian

Adventurer
1995 was a very different time for Guatemala, and people say we're brave...

I'm glad you enjoyed the updates and trip down memory lane.

1995 was a very different time for Guatemala, and people say we're brave...

I'm glad you enjoyed the updates and trip down memory lane.

Yes, in the midst of the country's civil war it definitely was. My mother relayed the State Department warnings to me on my trip there in 1994 and again in 1995, but my desire was stronger than any fear that could be instilled

Thanks for your latest update!

Kevin

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
I spy Wyoming plates, Evanston to be exact. Cool to see another Wyoming local out there on the road in Latin America enjoying themselves!

Cheers

kchristian

Adventurer
I spy Wyoming plates, Evanston to be exact. Cool to see another Wyoming local out there on the road in Latin America enjoying themselves!

Cheers

Good eye. We actually don't live in Wyoming but we go just as often as we can. My wife's family has a big ranch in Robertson and we occasionally register a vehicle up there. We didn't have much of a choice this time. Wyoming was the only State that could print us a title right on the spot. It was going to take 3-4 weeks anywhere else and that would have been 3-4 weeks less time in Central America.

kchristian

Adventurer
New Blog post:

World's Largest Hammock

This isn't like the World's largest wicker basket on the side of I-70 somewhere... This is legit.

DSC01741.JPG

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Good eye. We actually don't live in Wyoming but we go just as often as we can. My wife's family has a big ranch in Robertson and we occasionally register a vehicle up there. We didn't have much of a choice this time. Wyoming was the only State that could print us a title right on the spot. It was going to take 3-4 weeks anywhere else and that would have been 3-4 weeks less time in Central America.

Surprised you didn't have titles on your other vehicles. Most people keep those in a file unless the bank holds it... ;)

I actually drove all the way from Wyoming to Panama and back on only my registration. This was my first trip down. It worked but we did have one small problem with it at the El Amitillo border. The second trip I used my title and had no problems.

Stay safe, have fun and cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94