The start of my expedition rv To pull my 30 ft toy hauler

pangaman

1986 International 1856 4x4 5/4 ton Diesel 12000 org miles. Just installed the 7.5 generator, 15000 btu roof A/C with heat, Overhead lights, propane/electric waterheat, All the rest to follow
46293544_gl_large_thumb.jpg
382A0037.jpg
Started my interior and got it registered as a motorhome, 90 bucks instead of 1299.00

Last edited:

pangaman

I live in San Juan Capistrano,

Hey Pangaman,

Where-abouts in California are you located?

When we travel we like to go off on our own, Gold prospecting, hidden hot springs, the lost coast Ect, when we go I tow alot of weight about 15000 lbs Our trip this summer only lasted to the Golita pass and I blew up my third dodge 3500 Cummins, I have always wanted to build a HD go anywhere rv Toter so here I go.
Got a nice buy on a set of leather air ride seats today.

pangaman

It said it was a dt466 in the add but this truck has a v8 diesel. had 11000lbs going up El Cajon pass came down to 50mph and stayed there until the top. got 12 mpg towing 11000 lbs to Vegas for bike week
ps. top speed riding the govener is only 62mph. I need to fix that, LOL can you say OVERDRIVE

Cool, nice truck. 466?

Baloo

"The Bear Necessities"
Hey there, Love the truck! Is it the 7.3 IDI? I have one of those in my E350 Ambulance now, over 250K, great engine, no issues at all. I am very currious to what front axle and transfer case you have? I love the International trucks, easy to work on, and parts are very resonable. Also my local dealer is open till 11pm every day except Sunday. How is your box mounted? Can you add pics of the mounts? (I am in the middle of an box mount on an International 4700 right now)

Dodger

Jeep

Supporting Sponsor: Overland Explorer Expedition V
When we travel we like to go off on our own, Gold prospecting, hidden hot springs, the lost coast Ect, when we go I tow alot of weight about 15000 lbs Our trip this summer only lasted to the Golita pass and I blew up my third dodge 3500 Cummins, I have always wanted to build a HD go anywhere rv Toter so here I go.
Got a nice buy on a set of leather air ride seats today.

That's the same reason I built mine, I don't tow quite as heavy but there's always a Jeep, or a half dozen bikes, or a few quads stuffed into our enclosed trailer, the trailer is also a nice feature as it makes a great mud room, clean work space for any repairs, and just nice to keep a lot of the stuff not needed on the tow vehicle. It's nice to have a chassis that is not overloaded by the camper/cargo.

Jeep

Supporting Sponsor: Overland Explorer Expedition V
For Jeep: The truck is LOOKING GOOD Mark! Is it going to be ready come down and spend the month of February in Baja with Casa?[/QUOTE]

Thanks Jaoquin, I hope to have it done by February, got a ton of little stuff knocked off but the devil is in the details as you know. There is still the interior trim, electrical, and finishing the plumbing. The power train is pretty much done.

Pangaman, I replaced my 5 speed Fuller trans with a 6 speed Fuller FSO 4606, 6th being overdrive, got 74 mph with some left to get, that's with 5.29 gears and 11R22.5 rubber. My governor is set to 3000 RPM . Gotta love overdrive.

pangaman

Hey there, Love the truck! Is it the 7.3 IDI? I have one of those in my E350 Ambulance now, over 250K, great engine, no issues at all. I am very currious to what front axle and transfer case you have? I love the International trucks, easy to work on, and parts are very resonable. Also my local dealer is open till 11pm every day except Sunday. How is your box mounted? Can you add pics of the mounts? (I am in the middle of an box mount on an International 4700 right now)

Dodger

Its got the d9.0 liter v8 with the 4 speed automatic, Axles are the same as a duce and a half

Loco-Nomad

Adventurer
How is the progress coming? Would love to see more pics if you have them! Great platform, is there a decent parts network? I have a school bus I converted and when on the road and need parts its hard to come by....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles