RTT carnage

ColoDisco

Explorer
Went through Beef Basin in Utah last Thursday, going through a sandy wash and popping out I caught a very old stubborn tree. The end result:

d10d13408b2d7626fab68f01c2ce1926.jpg

27314c10d6b93f6b7ba478a31b796edd.jpg

985589a13ec4140ceedb8fee990283ab.jpg

21853ff7f505f450ba0dbb3125b72af7.jpg

a20799b0a62f28f04892a1cfba15018a.jpg

Lesson learned. I am in contact with CVT about fixing it.

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
Went through Beef Basin in Utah last Thursday, going through a sandy wash and popping out I caught a very old stubborn tree. The end result:

Lesson learned. I am in contact with CVT about fixing it.

OUCH!!! That stinks!

Also reminds me, now that my trips are done for the year, I need to call back CVT myself. Somewhere along the shipping line, a fork truck ran through my RTT.

ColoDisco

Explorer
They have been great. Bobby said I was lucky it was not way worse. The tent itself is completely unharmed. Here is what I need to fix it.

9dd484a9a51b79ec8045cf118f23d0fa.jpg

Ramjet

Explorer
It just goes to show you how great this community is as a whole. From the vendors on down to Forum Members. Everyone takes care of each other. Glad you got it fixed.

ColoDisco

Explorer
Not fixed yet! Waiting for Ian and Bobby to amass the parts. I am also looking at armor options and at adding a parking sensor system as a warning before I strike it again. Lets face it, 8'9" is really tall when 4 wheeling in backwoods.

ColoDisco

Explorer
Just a update, they are getting parts together, looks like it is going to cost me a couple hundred bucks to fix it, not bad considering.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Ouch!

Reminds me of our Utah 4 to 3 Corners trip, DMC's RTT was straight up removed from his rack after a major tree strike at a really fast speed. A few hinges and some minor cover repair and it was good to go :D

Glad to see they had the parts you needed.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Good to hear that CVT hooked you up. I hear nothing but good from people about them. Chatted a bit with Bobby online, nice guy and pretty stoked on his products. I have the Mt Hood...it is WIDE... may need these services one day too! lol

ColoDisco

Explorer
Total cost for the parts with shipping, $105.00.

CVT are the best, I know all these types of tents are Chinese, but the service from Ian and Bobby is bar none the best!!

They also have the walls with floor added on for the 79" Awning available, I put some money down on one to go with my awning I highly recommend if you want a easy addon tent you pick one up!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles