Wheeler Dealers Episode about restoring a G Wagen on the Cable Channel Velocity

fdf

Hi,
The show Wheeler Dealers has an episode about restoring a Mercedes G Wagen. It is being repeated at the moment on the Cable Channel Velocity. (Velocity is channel 631 on Verizon Fios in Boston MA, USA.) The next upcoming episode is on Sunday 9:00 pm ET

For those who do not know about the show Wheeler Dealers. It is a 1 hour show where a car buyer and a mechanic buy a 10-20 year old car. Then fix it up and try to sell it for a "profit". The hour focuses on all the work they do on the car to prepare it for sale. I use the term "profit" because they do not include the cost of their own labour in their expenses.

The episode isn't really focused on preparing the vehicle for an expedition, just tidying it up to make it look younger.
But if watching programs about people fixing 10-year old cars is your thing you will enjoy it

http://velocity.discovery.com/tv-schedules/weekly.html

More Info about the show Wheeler Dealers:
http://www.discoveryuk.com/web/wheeler-dealers/about-wheeler-dealers/
#wheelerdealers

Flanker525

I saw this episode on Youtube before they pulled it. They bolted on a few "upgrades" to make the truck look newer and fixed an oil leak and not much else.

It's a good show but that episode wasn't very exciting compared to others they have done.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
What year/model was it, what upgrades did they do, and did they just bypass the rust? :sombrero:
How much did it sell for?

Noodlesswe

Observer
Hi
Compared to their regular type of restore this episode was crap
It's just how to get a 10y old car to look like last year's model.
Clean it up, sort out the speedo(oil leak) and change the front to new looking grill.
//Noodlesswe

Last edited:

fdf

If my memory serves me correctly It was a 3 door short wheel base 1989 gasoline model
They did the following
1. Replaced seals where the speedometer is attached to the transfer case
2. Fixed around the battery where acid had leaked and caused a small amount of rust damage.
3. Replaced the front bumper
4. Put a new front grill on and made the grill and light clusters the same color as the rest of the vehicle so that it looks more up to date
5. Repaired leather seats
6. Repaired the wooden center console
7. Put new LED tail lights on in
8. Changed the steering wheel

I think the bought it for 9500 GBP and sold it for 12000 GBP.

They didn't do any rust work on the body or the frame

To address Noodleswes point - I watched it the night of the US Presidential Debate. While I agree that it is definitely not the most interesting episode of Wheeler Dealers I have ever seen. When compared to anything else
showing on TV last Wednesday night it was high quality programming :)

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Liked the episode but especially like the overall concept of the show. Some cars just need a few days worth of work and sometimes a few thousand dollars to save them from the junk yard.

yxan

me too opted for this instead of presidential debate, and it also finally caused me to buy a G-wagen of my own so exited cant wait to pick it up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles