ARB Skydome SWAG

toymaster

Explorer
Thought I'd revive this thread. Finally went and bought a double swag. Got it for $500 even and some pennies shipped. Seemed a good middle ground between my Bibler I-tent and my RTT. It will also work nicely on my pack mule when the wife is along on the trail. Spent a day or so going over the pro and cons for a cowboy bed roll. It seems the origin of an outback swag was rooted in their version of a cowboy bedroll. I'll wind up with a more traditional bed roll too but that topic is for a different forum and for the lonely trails

It would seem if you have a double swag company will follow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwmxZzYtyrI Kinda' a build it and they will come thing....or maybe the company comes first and that's why you buy a double....:camping:

enzo

Explorer
Thought I'd revive this thread. Finally went and bought a double swag. Got it for $500 even and some pennies shipped. Seemed a good middle ground between my Bibler I-tent and my RTT. It will also work nicely on my pack mule when the wife is along on the trail. Spent a day or so going over the pro and cons for a cowboy bed roll. It seems the origin of an outback swag was rooted in their version of a cowboy bedroll. I'll wind up with a more traditional bed roll too but that topic is for a different forum and for the lonely trails

It would seem if you have a double swag company will follow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwmxZzYtyrI Kinda' a build it and they will come thing....or maybe the company comes first and that's why you buy a double....:camping:

Where did you buy yours? I thought these were no longer available in the U.S.

toymaster

Explorer
^^^^^ Yeah, just got the call from the retailer, with that news. The retailer still has the product on their website and I did not know either. After I made the post I saw that news on other threads. I was hoping that issue was fixed, guess not....

Utah KJ

Free State of Florida
^^^^^ Yeah, just got the call from the retailer, with that news. The retailer still has the product on their website and I did not know either. After I made the post I saw that news on other threads. I was hoping that issue was fixed, guess not....

Sounds like an excellent retailer. It's not just selecting the right gear, you need the right outfitter as well. Even though I am now 2520 miles away, I still call Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters when I need something ARB.

gsdog2

Observer
I picked up the Ironman4x4 version of the ground swag from SierraExpeditions a couple weeks ago. Took it to Colorado last week. Alternative to my RTT when it's only me. Rained everyday for an hour or so. No leaks or anything. These are a quick alternative to a ground tent. It's just for lying down though. I used an air mattress in Addition to the 3" mattress which comes with it.

Utah KJ

Free State of Florida
ARB is a rare blend of badassedness and pimpination. If Chuck Norris were President his Secret Service code name would be "ARB". If ARB made the alphabet, we'd only need 3 letters. If you flip the letters around you get BAR and Browning was from UT which is also ************. The relatively low cost of ARB products in the US is reason #12 the Taliban hates us. ARB gear is so ************ that it's like expeditioning with a big middle finger pointed at the haterz with Snow Peak stuff. In some languages, ARB translates to "chicks will want you".

Some of my best work in 2012

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94