m416 Axle question

xtreme4li

I know there is a crazy amount of info on this but i cant seem to find anyone that has this set up.....

- me and a buddy of mine are going to try to build a rep m416, but use different axles and tires

- id like to use,
Wheel Size: 15x8
5 on 4.5 Bolt Pattern
Backspace: 3.75
Finish: Gloss Black

with a 31/10.5/15 in tire

what size axle / Kind of axle would i need? i dont want breaks, and im going to need leafs too. probably could get away with something close to the actual m416 leafs.

any help would be great! thanks guys

Last edited:

xtreme4li

so basically build the tub and the frame how I want and just order a 3500lb axle? is there a lenght i need or can i order that specific?

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
I have in PDF format the original manual I can send you if you think it may help, Pm me your email address...

xtreme4li

right but will those tires work on the original length? i dont want them to rub or stick out toooo to much.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Don't take this the wrong way, but for someone who is intending to replicate a trailer from scratch you sure don't seem to know much about trailers at all. Every question you have asked has been covered on here and likely dozens of other forums, start searching and reading A LOT until you are comfortable with EVERY PART AND DIMENSION before you make your first cut.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke