National Luna Fridge

TenaciousTJ

Explorer
I haven't updated the thread, but I did order and receive my National Luna weekender fridge. While I really liked my Engel and it worked very well....I LOVE this National Luna!!! I got mine from Paul at Equipt1. The mounting base is on back order so I haven't set everything up on my slide yet. The fridge comes with 2 very nice baskets that basically allow you double the space because you can stack stuff. The freezer comes with its own, 3rd basket. I haven't loaded the fridge or freezer yet, but I can envision using my Food Saver vacuum bags and being able to pack the freezer with a ton of stuff, then rotate it into the fridge to thaw the night before I cook it. This is seriously a "cry once" purchase. The price is painful, but if you plan on using it for trips and as a garage beer fridge, don't hesitate or second guess the purchase. I don't see any reason this fridge won't last the rest of my life and me passing it on to my child....for 1% off to cover depreciation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TenaciousTJ

Explorer
Ah, the magic question. I was set on the aluminum, but caved to the peer pressure and got the stainless steel. I can't speak for the aluminum finish, but the craftsmanship and finish on the SS is unbelievable!!! Once I get it mounted on my AT stove slide, I will post some photos.

bobDog

Expedition Leader
I haven't updated the thread, but I did order and receive my National Luna weekender fridge. While I really liked my Engel and it worked very well....I LOVE this National Luna!!! I got mine from Paul at Equipt1. The mounting base is on back order so I haven't set everything up on my slide yet. The fridge comes with 2 very nice baskets that basically allow you double the space because you can stack stuff. The freezer comes with its own, 3rd basket. I haven't loaded the fridge or freezer yet, but I can envision using my Food Saver vacuum bags and being able to pack the freezer with a ton of stuff, then rotate it into the fridge to thaw the night before I cook it. This is seriously a "cry once" purchase. The price is painful, but if you plan on using it for trips and as a garage beer fridge, don't hesitate or second guess the purchase. I don't see any reason this fridge won't last the rest of my life and me passing it on to my child....for 1% off to cover depreciation.

Oh come on......your child won't want that old crap dad always raved about now that he or she can store the beer in the Kitchen Cloud and pull it down anywhere. Even at the Moab historical Hilton while watching images of the old west 4x4 trails! Why they can even order something called popcorn and a dispenser of old time 'campfire smoke'. :D

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Negative, bad intel.

Sorry, but here is the "intel":

Link to an NL/Indel B flyer, http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/showthread.php?t=80639

Link to the Indel B service manual supplied by NL http://www.nationalluna.com/Datasheets/TB31-55A Manual_english.pdf

Link to the NL/Indel B datasheets/catalog http://www.nationalluna.com/Datasheets/IWM_Catalogue2010_ENG_final.pdf

Link to a discussion on the NL/Indel B http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/showthread.php?t=54118

Those are just a few links to info indicating that Indel B is built by NL, came across them a few days ago when I was researching a used Indel B and was surprised myself.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Sorry, but here is the "intel":...

Negative. To distribute/import does not equal 'build'. National Luna fridges are built in-house by National Luna in South Africa. Indel B are built in China by a factory not owned nor operated by National Luna rather "Zhongshan Wellway Indel B. Enterprise Co. Ltd, a China-Italy joint venture". I'm not disputing the fact they import/distribute Indel B both in domestic (Equipt here in the US) and foreign markets, I'm disputing the fact you say they build them as this simply is not the case. This isn't to say Indel B isn't a great fridge option as it is, but National Luna's are likely one of the highest quality hand-made units on the market and mistake the two as built by the same manufacture is in fact misleading.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz