Shipping M101 trailer, best way?

jktowhere

Observer
Hey guys!

Finally found a M101. Actually 20 ha, go figure. I am only getting 1 though. I need to ship it from Buffalo area to Denver. Uship still the best service to try or anything out there I might not know of? Thanks!

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
I don't want to sound to like this is going to sound..but here goes.

It's going to cost you $1000-1500 to get it shipped...I don't care if you got it for free and and it's brand new, you're going to have a lot more into it then it's worth. Why not just find one out there within a one days drive..these things are all over.

Now that being said, if you bought 20 that's another story, but you'd still have to hire a private guy, and I can't imagine he'd get more than 5 on a clip.

Good luck!

shogun

Adventurer
First a semantic issue;

Do folks understand that a US M101 is a different animal than a Can. M101? A US M101 is a 3/4 ton trailer while the Canadian M101 is nearly a copy of the (US) M416, which of course is a 1/4 ton. I suspect that if you got an M101 in upper NY state it very likely is a Canadian M101 (1/4 ton).

That may have a bearing on the shipping issue due to size/weight. Check Old Dominion shipping, I used them last time I shipped a trailer, reasonable.

Matt

Adventurer
I've never shipped anything that large, but if the estimate of $1,000 - $1,500 posted above is correct You'd be money ahead in the long run going down the road to Ruger Trailers and having them build you one.
I love a project as much as anyone else, but I could have bought a new one with what I'll have into rebuilding mine.

RugerTrailer

The Trailer Guy
You'd be money ahead in the long run going down the road to Ruger Trailers and having them build you one.

I'd love to show you some trailers if you decide to purchase new.

Normally I love a DIY project. Some guys on here have done a great job with their military trailers. That being said we've restored a M101 and put WAY too much time and money into it. Mainly too much money. I'd never do it again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne