Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 30, HOME FREE AND UNEMPLOYED

Subscribed as well

Would love to interview you for the podcast....pm me if interested
    Adventure IQ - Dedicated to getting people off the couch. Visit us at Adventure IQ or check out the blog

Hello everyone!

Sorry for the lack of posts but I've been a little bit busy traveling my most current post I was camped out at a friends house in Santa Margarita, CA. From there I basically went west along the 41 to the 101 around Morro Bay. From Morro Bay I traveled North on route 1 to Big Sur and stayed at Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park.
    PA101017.jpgDSCF4330.JPGPA101019.jpgPA101020.jpg

Big Sur is an amazing place, I've been through there once before but have never really spent time to smell the roses. The bigsby bridge is a site in its self to see, from afar it doesn't really seem real. The water and small cave there are also unreal.

PA101022.jpgPA101024.jpgPA101025.jpg

I met a friend in Big Sur and she recommended me to Bodega Bay, so the next day I headed North on route 1. The vastness of California surprises me every time I travel to a new place, it seems every corner has something new and you almost think from some towns or visinitys to the next that you are in a different state. After a day of getting lost in Downtown San Francisco and Friday afternoon traffic I made it across the Golden Gate Bridge, I was happy to be past SF as this was a somewhat halfway point for me to get out of California.

PA101039.jpg

I didn't make it all the way to Bodega Bay that night and stayed at another place which was recommended to me Point Reyes. I couldn't find a campground and it was late and I was tired so I just boondocked it in some hiking trail parking lot named "earthquake trail". Veggi lentil tacos was on the menu that night. I was awaken by some sort of wild dogs around 4:30 and was happy I was in my camper and not backpacking like the 5 or so other cars that were there. In the morning a guy told me I was lucky I didn't receive a ticket (he said around $200). There were deer everywhere and I saw a fawn, doe and buck family

PA111053.jpgPA121057.jpg

Point Reyes was a little over a week ago, I am currently in Bend, Oregon so I will try to get the post up to speed asap!

It has all the makings of a great thread.....
    Don't slack out and leave us hanging! Subscribed cause looks like you will be the 'most interesting guy in the world'.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2
    Law of Mechanical Repair:
    "After your hands are coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee!"
    ...Don Dieball

Subscrib'ed
    From Norway.

B4x4.no

Looks like the begining of a great adventure! Subscribed.

What's up bobdog? I'm actually in Eugene as we speak, I tried to stay at the primitive sites in Cottage Grove by the reservoir but they closed the gates on both the campgrounds so I'm staying at a park in Eugene, Armitage Park. It's kinda pricey and fancy but they have WiFi

The day after Point Reyes I headed North again on route 1, at junction 116 I headed east to the 101. The 116 was amazing, headed through a really cool town called Sebastopol. I picked up the 101 just south of Santa Rosa and made my way up to Ukiah. I geared up in Ukiah for heading to the backcountry, batteries, groceries, IPA all the good fixins. I headed out to Mayacmus campground which is near "Cow Mountain OHV". The drive out was real nice, 1/4 of it was paved to a real nice fishing pond and the rest was soft sandy switchbacks. I had to use 4WD in one spot that was really soft. The campground was about 10 miles off the beaten path but the signs were pretty well marked. The place looked like it had burned the year before. I had a late lunch so a quick snack for dinner and went on a mini hike. The next day was oatmeal and bananas.

DSCF4355.JPGDSCF4351.JPGDSCF4364.JPGDSCF4352.JPGDSCF4371.JPGDSCF4356.JPGDSCF4366.JPGDSCF4369.JPG

The plan for the morning was to pack up and take the Avenue of the Giants North to Eureka area. I was hoping to stay the night near the Lost Coast state beach but I ended up passing it up, for some reason I thought it was north of Eureka, a mistake I learned from to at least plan your trip in the morning by looking at a map. I have spent a little bit of time in the Redwoods but never took the time to stop and check things out. The trees are awe inspiring, I went to the Chandelier-drive-through tree it was $5 to drive through. The lady says "uhh your not gonna fit, please drive around".

DSCF4377.JPGDSCF4375.JPG
    Last edited by 4whtundra; 10-21-2012 at 04:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4whtundra View Post
    The day after Point Reyes I headed North again on route 1, at junction 116 I headed east to the 101. The 116 was amazing, headed through a really cool town called Sebastopol. I picked up the 101 just south of Santa Rosa and made my way up to Ukiah. I geared up in Ukiah for heading to the backcountry, batteries, groceries, IPA all the good fixins. I headed out to Mayacmus campground which is near "Cow Mountain OHV". The drive out was real nice, 1/4 of it was paved to a real nice fishing pond and the rest was soft sandy switchbacks. I had to use 4WD in one spot that was really soft. The campground was about 10 miles off the beaten path but the signs were pretty well marked. The place looked like it had burned the year before. I had a late lunch so a quick snack for dinner and went on a mini hike. The next day was oatmeal and bananas.

DSCF4355.JPGDSCF4351.JPGDSCF4364.JPGDSCF4352.JPGDSCF4371.JPGDSCF4356.JPGDSCF4366.JPGDSCF4369.JPG

The plan for the morning was to pack up and take the Avenue of the Giants North to Eureka area. I was hoping to stay the night near the Lost Coast state beach but I ended up passing it up, for some reason I thought it was north of Eureka, a mistake I learned from to at least plan your trip in the morning by looking at a map. I have spent a little bit of time in the Redwoods but never took the time to stop and check things out. The trees are awe inspiring, I went to the Chandelier-drive-through tree it was $5 to drive through. The lady says "uhh your not gonna fit, please drive around".

DSCF4377.JPGDSCF4375.JPG
    Awcome on you photo shopped that tree!

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2
    Law of Mechanical Repair:
    "After your hands are coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee!"
    ...Don Dieball

Nope! No photo-chopping here, I don't know how to do that stuff. I'm lucky enough to even post any pictures. If you don't believe me, check it out for yourself

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast