Hackster's crew cab first gen cummins

hackster

Adventurer
Thanks guys,

The cummins paint on the valve cover is not really cummins beige but it sure makes the valve cover cover look great.

Dropped the big tan turd off at the frame shop yesterday, Eric said that he can for sure straighten it out but its going to take him at least a week to get to it. I left it with him as it is a three hour round trip from the frame shop out to my place.

So right now, I am kinda stopped on the project until I get some parts and the truck back.

Wheels are hutchinson beadlocks in black. They should be here in two weeks from today. Tires are 37" bfg all terrains and should be here tomorrow or Thursday.

Sliders are going to be 2x3 3/16 wall rectangular tube tied into the frame at 12" intervals with 1/4" 1 1/2x 1 1/2 square tube.

Front bumber is up in the air right now, thinking about doing plate style for the lower section and tube up top, but not super familiar with that style of bumper so it will be a learning curve. Bed is more than likey going to be 2" x 5" .120 wall rectangular tubing for the lower rails and 1 3/4" tubing for the upper section. I am thinking of a chase truck style flatbed for it with some tool boxes, spare tire mount, spare fuel and water cans but will have some type of hoop around the back of the cab and provisions for a rof rack and lighting to mount off the top and back of it.....

Sean

kfgk14

Adventurer
Hackster,
Sounds like the sort of bed I was planning for my truck (postponed by lack of funds). Storage under the bed is a good way to use space outside of the frame rails, and allows you more up-top deck space.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
hackster:

This is a great build. Your truck is turning out awesome.
Loved the crew cabs since I was little, always wanted one.
Now our family ride is a 2002 GMC 2500HD CC.

I like the old school two tone colors.
Going to be a great ride!

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
If you haven't yet, check out "Blakeapes" thread "1997 Cummins Towho / expo" for some flat deck ideas. His is an awesome build. Yours is well on its way to becoming one of my top 5!

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Hackster, I just read your thread for the first time. What can i say? The whole idea, and especially the truck is just sooo :Wow1:awesome. Nice work! Cheers, Chilli....:)

blakeape

Adventurer
If you haven't yet, check out "Blakeapes" thread "1997 Cummins Towho / expo" for some flat deck ideas. His is an awesome build. Yours is well on its way to becoming one of my top 5!

Hey thanks! What would be even better would be my flatbed and healthy 12 valve on/in your F350 and camper.

Oh and very nice job Hackster.

hackster

Adventurer

I got a couple of pages into his build last night but had to get to bed. Ill keep reading tonight, good thread so far. Some commons stuff going on in both builds, we are both wheelers =)

I like to think that the build is all in the details.

If I were to sell it, it would probably be somewhere in the $12k-15k range....I have a little over $3k just in wheels and tires then there is all the other stuff. This thing is going to be pretty setup by the time the build is done. On board air, 12k winch, tube bed, on board 120v and on board hot water and outdoor shower. 37's beadlocks, you get the idea.

On a better note, tires showed up today, wheels are getting painted and shipped in the next week and the front springs are in transit. Sounds like things will progress nicely once the truck is back from the frame shop.

Sean

hackster

Adventurer
Look what showed up today =)

99C2F278-orig.jpg

Gotta get the bed drawn up this weekend and get some steel ordered for the bed, bumper and sliders and next week should start on the fun fabrication.

Sean

GabAlmighty

Observer
Hello from Turbobricks! Keep up the good works on the vehicles, your stuff never dissapoints. Was that a sas'd tacoma i saw in the background of the first pic?

hackster

Adventurer
Welcome! The Volvo are great fun but I like all kinds of stuff.....apparently you do too :)

Yep just sold it. It was 2wd originally I did all the work from stock to that. There is a pic a page or so back on this build thread of it.

I miss is a little bit but think this will be pretty cool too and able to tow my crap around.

Sean

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Hello from Turbobricks! Keep up the good works on the vehicles, your stuff never dissapoints. Was that a sas'd tacoma i saw in the background of the first pic?

Geez... More Volvo guys on here. I remember some posts from you on T bricks. I sold my 745t a few years ago, but still miss it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles