Hackster's crew cab first gen cummins

Bartonmd

Observer
That's so cool, man! The only thing I don't like about my '90 W250 CTD Getrag 4.10 with 120k miles (other than the noise and the ride) is the single cab, which will eventually be the reason I off-load it...

Mike

TheAlmightySam

Adventurer
Beautiful! I am so glad you kept that great color scheme on the cab. I'll be keeping an eye out for you on the road once it's done!

hackster

Adventurer
Wow!!

Thanks for all the encouragement and nice words. Been traveling for work to Denver this week so nothing has gotten done. Radiator should be here today so I might be able to start it up and take it around the block for the first time, that would be a hoot.

Waiting for wheels and tires to show up, they should be here soon and then I can trim up the front fenders for proper fitment.

need to get down and pick up some toob and steel so I can get started on a bed and some bumpers.

Any vote on bumpers? Front only, bent up 2" tube or flat plate style bumper?

Here is my last toyota that I built from the frame up, I like super clean and simple looking rigs that drive and perform better than they should.

IMG_0713.jpg

IMG_0707.jpg

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
I think you have to change your name....Hackster just doesn't really fit....

Nice project, nice work.

Bushcoat

one trail at a time
Tacoma looks rad too. Really like the bed mounts. Good to see you've also got some 2 wheel wonders up in the stable also!

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Really nice work there......speaking of other vehicles.......in the very first picture of this thread, is that a 66/67 Mustang in the background jacked up for off road???? If you recall the 007 used a Mustang convertable built for off road in one of his movies. If it is...please post it up!

turbolab

Observer
Really nice work there......speaking of other vehicles.......in the very first picture of this thread, is that a 66/67 Mustang in the background jacked up for off road???? If you recall the 007 used a Mustang convertable built for off road in one of his movies. If it is...please post it up!

thats his toyota

hackster

Adventurer
Thanks for the kind words guys.

The name came from years ago, I have always cut stuff up and put it back together and a couple of my buddies came up with the name and it just stuck.

I love cars, any shape or form of them.... My daily driver is the blue volvo on the trailer, it has an ls1 and t-56 in it, you can see where the name comes from I think.

So, I had to spend most of the weekend with the family but I did manage to get the drivers inner fender buttoned up, cleaned up the wiring on that fenderwell, mounted the cruise control actuator, got the radiator installed with new hoses, battery is mounted down for good, bolted the body down, installed the hood release cable and the cowl and hood, aligned the hood, adjusted the latch and got rid of the dually bed, the gantry and all my other scrap metal.

Here is what the engine bay turned out like for the most part, this is before the hood and cowl and I still need to build an intake for it.

7A8E889C-orig.jpg

Then got it all loaded up on the trailer to take it to the frame shop tomorrow. I hope that he can fix what I have going on with the frontend or I am kinda screwed. =)

83EE4A04-orig.jpg

C071F196-orig.jpg

Tires landed on shore last week so those should be here this week, wheels are on order and I need to get some metal to get going on sliders, bumper and the bed.

Sean

Bushcoat

one trail at a time
I love how you kept the old grill... Probably the only one out there with a cummins swap and that grill....

And that cummins industrial beige matches your paint so well, very fitting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste