Thread: BEST BUMPER & WINCH COMBO FOR 1/2-ton CHEVY/GMC Z-71 4x4 ?

Love my ARB Bumper... Has a Smitybuilt 8k in it because thats what I had laying around.. Works decent with a snatch block. Bumper is stout and heavy.

Treybiz: Do you have a picture of the ARB bumper on your truck? Is it the ARB model for the Chevrolet/GMC or is it a modified Land Cruiser Series 100 bumper? Thanks
    The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, Im from the government and Im here to help. Ronald Reagan

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by General Automag View Post
    Treybiz: Do you have a picture of the ARB bumper on your truck? Is it the ARB model for the Chevrolet/GMC or is it a modified Land Cruiser Series 100 bumper? Thanks

Its the model made for our trucks..... Let me see if I have a picture.

Bad ***. I wish you could do that for a 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Treybiz View Post
    Trey, any chance do you have a side photo of the bumper?

Bad ***. I wish you could do that for a 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Spargman View Post
    Trey, any chance do you have a side photo of the bumper?
    Negative... I will snap one but it will be a week until I drive it again. I left it at the Ranch and drove the Wrangler Home. The little white jeep needed some TLC.

Default ARB

Spargman

that is a nice looking bumper. did you have to modify anything to mount it? do you know ~weight? my Buckstop Truckware bumper with the bull bar and 12,500 lb winch adds about 300 lbs.

I guess you got this already, but I have a full 4" suspension lift. It is a complete Rancho system with add-a-leafs and cast iron riser blocks. I have RS9000XL adjustable shocks. I know a few guys that have run systems like the one you are considering, they have all complained about premature wear of the steering components and tie rods. I think those systems also tend to cause toe-in problems for some reason. If I couldn't afford a complete system, I would compromise on tire size, upgrade to the best shocks I could afford (which can be used with a full system down the road), tighten up my torsion bars, and ALWAYS use add-a-leafs in the rear to prevent the Cali-sag - not my thing, I like mine level under a heavy load. The main difference with my prescription is that you would not drop the torsion bars with the new keys, thereby preserving factory geometry. I have seen 33" tires stuffed in with this configuration, although there is reduced suspension travel and they are heavy on the stock steering brackets.

My tires are 33x12.50 BF Goodrich All Terrains on 16" aluminum Pacer bullet hole wheels. I could go bigger but don't want to add any more weight to the steering system.

cheers,
    Stuart.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast