M ??? Plug and Mould Development.

Wavebreaker

Adventurer
Been working on this one on and off for awhile thought i would post for input/feedback.

Modeled after a M series style trailer with a few differences.
It will be a one piece tub with tail gate.

Specs.
Top 48 x 72
Base 38 x 72
Depth 20 inches
Tail gate 18,5 x 33

Cast in points for;
tie-downs
lid hinges
lid catches

Final product will be infusion molded for consistent glass to resin weight.
I am almost done with the first plug being the main tub. At the final stages of fairing prior to paint.

Once this plug is done i will create the lid plug . Then a nose box plug as well.

Heres some shots of the plug. As it sits.

01.jpg

04.jpg

09.jpg

002.jpg

08.jpg

Cheers

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
I am glad to see this on here Mike... very kool stuff indeed. I am very interested in this design and build for a few reasons, the main reason being supply and demand. Everyone likes the M101 CDN2 and M416 (and even of course the Bantam) trailers, lets face it, they are just about the perfect size for taking off-road. They are however in limited supply and the demand far outstrips what is available.

The second reason is weight. My M101 CDN2 is awesome and I love it...but it is getting heavy. Rated at 700# stock and empty, I am closer to 1100# loaded now, and that does not include the stuff I plan on adding. After water tank, loaded fuel cans and water cans, food etc, it is well int "I need trailer brakes" territory. This trailer will be SUBSTANTIALLY lighter and with lid, tongue box and all mounted to a frame (of your choice) will be WAY lighter than my trailer.

Saves gas, can be towed by a lighter rig, easier to wrangle off-road and in tight sections, and easier to maneuver by hand.

Win Win Win!!

Subscribed (and potentially selling a cherry M101 CDN2 once these are available).
:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online