New fox coilover 2.0 help and info

bmxdannyo

Adventurer
Ive been searching for a good set of coilovers for my sierra. I have it leveled right now but looking for better performance and ride.
Ive seen the 2.0 Performance Series Coil-over IFP. They are $800 for 2 and it seems to beat out everyother coilover price other than the rancho quick lift system- or does the quick lift work well enough?
Any thoughts, ideas or better products for about that price? I know icon is out there but I dont want to spend more than I have to. (tires will come with coilovers)

ps-co-main.jpg

DSC_0179.jpg

Last edited:

Saiyan66

Adventurer
For that price range it is hard to beat the Fox 2.0. It works very well and is rebuildable for the future. You wont be disappointed with it.

bmxdannyo

Adventurer
Well after doing more research im pretty sold on the fox coil overs. My only other question is if they are at their 3 inch lift level, how would the stress be on the ball joints? This is part of the reason I want to ditch my coil spacer kit. Ive read conflicting opinions on this.

EDIT; I just got off the phone with fox, they said there shouldnt be stress on the ball joint, however I need a new uppercontrol arm. I guess this isnt a bolt in replacement like I thought

Last edited:

Saiyan66

Adventurer
If you run it at the full 3" then you will need new UCA's and also be putting extra wear on your front CV's. That is the unfortunate price you pay for lifting a 4wd IFS. You can always save up and get the better Icon extended travel front coil overs and their control arms for the best possible setup. The downside is that it costs a boat load. If you can stand only running the Fox's at 2" of lift then you should be fine without the aftermarket UCA's though.

bmxdannyo

Adventurer
Looking into the final cost of everything being around 1,500, I am looking more towards the rancho quick lift. The reason for the switch on the truck is longevity of the suspension without issue. The use of the suspension is highway and trails in Colorado in the summer time (and the weekend camping trips). I feel a better use of money and resources could be better used for rancho quick lift and a fab shop to make me a tube prerunner style bumper front end protection. Such as the one pictured

Edit: would just replacing the Upper Control Arms do what I am trying to do as well?
Any feedback is greatly appreciated
1008or_08_2009_gmc_sierra_4wdright_view-1.jpg

Last edited:

bob91yj

Resident **************
If you're looking for longevity I'd stick with the Fox shocks.

I've not been impressed with Rancho's stuff over the years. I was talked in to Rancho 9000's when I built my LJ, those shocks faded to useless in 5-10 miles of hard running across the desert. I've tried their leaf springs and some other products over the years, most of it failed after a season or two. I'm hard on equipment, especially on my rock crawler Jeep. Probably not being fair to Rancho, and it's just one more internet opinion.

mudslide.jpg

Crappy driving may be part of my problem.

Good luck with your build, whatever you decide.

bmxdannyo

Adventurer
I guess I'm looking at that kind of bumper because of the approach angle. I've dragged my front bumper a few times. It's also lighter than a front end replacement.

Thanks bob, Ill definitely take that into consideration. You are not the first person that I have read of their shocks going out early. Helps my decision a bit haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke