Overland Campers for FG 4x4 and 4x2 Available now in USA, Australia and export

EarthCruiser

Adventurer
The OutBack Camper is finally released.
For FG, AND Isuzu.
Standard with EarthCruiser flex body mounts.
Double or no slide and DIY, also removable option.
All the mod cons and VERY good value for money.
Two in a forty foot hc

OutBack -6.JPG
OutBack -10.jpgOutBack -15.JPGOutBack -24.jpgOutBack -23.jpg

Cheers

Lance

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
Hi Lance,
Looks very interesting and a viable alternative for those who need a hard-side camper.
Okay, I will bite...
May we have some more details and photos, please ?
What is the construction ? What are the dimensions, etc. ? Are there more photos of the interior, please ? That camper/cab connection looks very promising.
Sorry, not sure I understand, "Double or no slide" ? What does that mean, please ?
Is there a possible side door, rather than the rear door ?
Are these being built by Northstar for you, may I ask ? (sort of looks like their parking lot...)
Thanks.

Last edited:

Felipe

Observer
Im very interested and will like to have more information. Is it available in the USA now ?
Regards
Felipe

haven

Expedition Leader
If you visit the News section of www.earthcruiser.com.au, you'll find several PDF files that provide some, but not all, of the information we all want.

The "two or no slide-outs" means there are two models, one with a pair of small slide out sections to enlarge the interior when you're stopped. This model has the door on the rear. The model without slides has the door on the side of the camper. I didn't see the difference in weight between the two models.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Here is a direct link to the PDF (29meg file) of the non-slide out camper. It is for the complete vehicle, not just the camper.
http://www.earthcruiser.com.au/assets/pdf/outback_4x4_usa_2012.pdf
So you are not confused, the schematic drawing/layout is of the non-slideout camper, but most of the photos are of the slideout version.
The schematic drawing must have been drawn 'down-under' since all the labeling is written in mirror image . . . I knew they drove on the left down there, but didn't know they wrote backwards also :sombrero:
(yes I do know they just flipped a left side door image)

Direct link to slideout version PDF (32meg file)
http://www.earthcruiser.com.au/assets/pdf/out_back_module_specifactions_australia.pdf

Last edited:
OutBack Explorer Information

You have all heard about it, the “OutBack Explorer” so where do you get one?

The “OutBack” is Manufactured By:

Host Industries Inc.
20536 Murray Rd
Bend OR, 97701

Contact Person:
Randall Pozzi --- rpozzi@hostcampers.com --- (541) 317-5568

The Chassis

• The chassis we use are the FG 4X4. It does get upgraded shocks,
    after market upgraded (twin seats) suspension seats (all included in the
    base price)

Some options available for the chassis are:

• Heavy duty front bumper with Bull Bar
  • Warn Winch
  • Single wheels with oversize tires (dual rear wheel is standard)
  • driving lights

Some House options are:

• Ultra Leather on Dinette
  • Insulated Windows
  • Insulated Windows with solar-cool glass
  • 2.5 KW LP Onan Generator
  • DSI Gas /Electric Water Heater w/ Remote Switch
  • 145 Watt Solar Panel w/ Dig. Monitor System
  • Satellite Dish w/ Digital Elevation Sensor
  • Automatic Satellite Dish w/ GPS
  • Rear View Camera w/ RCA Adapter
  • 12v 22" Flat Screen TV w/DVD & Swivel Arm
  • AM/FM/CD stereo with 4 speakers
  • Exterior Speakers
  • stereo upgrade w/XM, upgraded speakers, subwoofer w/amp
  • Outside entertainment center with 12V 22" Flat TV w/DVD
  • Interior LED lights
  • Microwave/ convection oven
  • 3 Burner Range w/Oven (3 burner range no oven standard)
  • Thetford sealed (3) burner euro series cook top

Pleae contact us for additional information
Dealer inquiries welcome

Attachments

• 1-Outback for news letter - Copy.jpg
    1-Outback for news letter - Copy.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 72
  • 9-Outback for news letter.jpg
    9-Outback for news letter.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 67
  • Outback Dinette.JPG
    Outback Dinette.JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 10-Outback for news letter - Copy.jpg
    10-Outback for news letter - Copy.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 72
  • Outback Floor plan.jpg
    Outback Floor plan.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 1,659
Last edited:

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
You have all heard about it, the OutBack Explorer so where do you get one?
Host Industries Inc. 20536 Murray Rd Bend OR, 97701 Contact Person: Randall Pozzi

Randall, welcome to the Portal.
It is great to have ‘the source' for the Outback Explorer here.

It would be nice to have some more information posted here. While we could all give you a call, since this is a forum, we love to discuss the heck out of every idea and product and the Outback Explorer will sure be a topic of discussion. It fills a niche that has up to now been filled by campers not designed for the Fusos, (Bigfoots, Alaskans, etc) so it is great to see a dedicated Fuso camper.

Some of the question we all will be asking:
House-
Length, Height, Width
Weight (dry)
Water capacity (fresh, gray)
Type of construction to include wall thickness and insulation
It looks like all heating (air/water) and cooking is propane, correct ?
Is it mounted via an ‘Earth Cruiser' type mount system ?

I'd like to know how much input our ‘Brothers from Downunder' have had in the design/construction. I have great respect for how much real world testing and use the Aussies put into their vehicles and designs. It would be great to know if one of these has been put to use in the outback (or here), and how it fared?
Thanks

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
:iagree:

There are enough of us here who would be seriously interested in the product to warrant taking the time to make us familiar with the product, and there are others who, while perhaps not potential buyers, are experienced in vehicle-dependent travel and looked to by prospective overlanders for their advice and expertise. I believe having both groups familiar with your camper's details would contribute to its success.

haven

Expedition Leader
Welcome Outback Explorer! It's great to have another manufacturer in direct contact with customers through our forum. The company web site is http://www.hostcampers.com/ I don't see any information about the Outback Explorer on the web site this morning.

It makes sense for EarthCruiser to partner with an experienced USA manufacturer, given the cost of shipping from Australia and the different rules and standards used in the RV industry in USA compared to Australia. I'm sure it helped that Host and EarthCruiser are located in Bend, OR.

Host Industries has years of experience building truck campers with slide out sections. I particularly like their fold-down bed at the rear of the camper on some models. They also offer customers the opportunity to design their own truck camper by selecting from a long list of features.

Felipe

Observer
Would Host Industries sell the camper alone or it needs to come mounted on a Fuso ?
Im interested in the camper alone so I can mount it on my chassis.
Regards
Felipe
DSC_2219.jpg

haven

Expedition Leader
Looking at the floorplan of the slide-out model, it looks difficult to gain access to the bathroom without opening the dinette slide. Or is there enough room to squeeze in between the galley and dinette to reach the bathroom? I'm thinking of a quick stop so passengers can use the bathroom.

The 4500 mm overall length of the camper is 177 inches, or 14.8 feet. Felipe, your MAN crew cab would be perfect for this!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online