Outdoor trailer storage

preacherman

Explorer
Ok I just got a landcruiser fj62 project that will need to take up my garage while it is being built this winter so I have to store my m416 expo trailer I built last winter outside. Unfortunately I do not have any options other than to store it outside. I need some thoughts and ideas on how I could keep it covered this winter.

Some important info.
I live in West Texas, sun damage is more likely than water damage but I would like to protect from both.
I will not be able to build a carport or awning, it will have to be a tarp or cover. (I don't want bright blue!!!)
I spent a lot of time building this trailer and I would like to keep it nice.
Here is the build thread below to give everyone an idea of what I need to cover.
I am willing to spend to get something quality but I do have a limit. (I would like to stay under $150)

http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...ted-w-lots-O-Pics)?highlight=Preacherman+m416

Ok now I need ideas/thoughts. Go

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
A trailer that was build to hold up to back country/camping use should have absolutely no problem with sitting outside in the sun/rain/wind/snow for a season. Mine sits outside year round in southern AZ.

If you really want to cover it (and it's obviously up to you), inexpensive tarps are the way to go IMO. I cover my motorcycles to cut down on the sun exposure on the seats and plastic. Tarps from Home Depot last about 2 years in S. AZ, cost less than $20 each (for the size I use on the motorcycles) -- Home Depot sells them in green, blue, or brown. When they wear out, I replace them. It's far cheaper than any of the permanent solutions I looked at (for the three motorcycles, it works out to about $25/year), and I don't have to worry about it blowing away in a storm.

ddog45

Adventurer
Sadly my adventure trailer sits outside in the winter. I put an inner tube on top of the trailer so that it has a peak so to speak then I wrap the tent in a cheap tarp then I use the worst of all my tarps to wrap the whole thing. I figure the water and snow run off off it pretty fast and the crappy tarps keep the sun off.

preacherman

Explorer
Considering the whole thing is lined with the same material used at oil tank batteries here in west Texas, I should not be worried about it. I don't know why I am. I guess it's just the thought of a new trailer setting outside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior