Seeking Cruiser mechanic in Sacramento/Roseville area

Purzell

Adventurer
I apologize if this belongs in the regional forums. We have outgrown my beloved XJ and I am starting to shop for an 80 series cruiser in the Sacramento/Roseville area. I would like a recommendation of a mechanic who can inspect a vehicle for me (pre-purchase inspection) in the Sacramento/Roseville area.
I have printed out the SLEE inspection guide so I can look at a lot of stuff myself but would really like someone who really knows these vehicles to inspect it.
So anyone have a recommendation for a shop please send it my way. Thanks!

MANUCHAO

Aventurero
Only place I know up that way is in Stockton...!!
Georg @ valley hybrids

The man knows his LC's ....

Purzell

Adventurer
I saw him recommended on Mud. I'm looking at a dealership that won't let me go that far unfortunately. But still shopping so maybe I'll start to shop in SJ county. Thanks.

Mike S

Sponsor - AutoHomeUSA
If you go just a bit further - to Sonoma - you can access the best Landcruiser guy on the West Coast - MUDRAK CUSTOM CRUISERS. 707-292-3509

Purzell

Adventurer
I am doing the ih8mud Craigslist search tool so it is hitting those areas too. This local truck is nice and clean looking though and the dealer is really interested in my Jeep, which would make things easy for me....
There is no way they would let me take it to Stockton or Sonoma for a check up though.

cruiser guy

Explorer
There is no way they would let me take it to Stockton or Sonoma for a check up though.

I'll bet the dealer would if you write up the deal and make it contingent on passing either Mudrak or Georg having a look at it. Just make SURE you write it up so that you have an "out" if Mudrak of Georg say it's got issues. Make it say something along the lines of "contingent on passing inspection by a mechanic of the buyers choosing" and then "choose" Mudrak or Georg.
Call first though to make sure they can see you on that day. The dealer will not give you more than a few hours.

Purzell

Adventurer
Yes, I might just do that. When I went to see the truck the battery wouldn't hold a charge. They told me a new one was being ordered. I want to go back and play with all the electronics when the new battery comes in. I understand window motors can be an issue in these things. The motors were all really slow but I'm not sure that wasn't partly due to the dying battery. Once I'm certain there aren't electrical gremlins to deal with I'll be ready to talk with the dealer more.
Thanks all!

djsixbillion

Adventurer
I'm definitely no Mudrak (he would be my recommendation if you can arrange the logistics), but know a thing or two about 80's and would be willing to take a look at it for you. Would only cost you a beer! Send me a PM if you want.

gregnash

Another Vote for Georg. Give him a call and he may be able to work something out where he can come up and check it out for you or recommend someone in the Sac area.
Georg has got to be one of the foremost Cruiser mechanics in the area so if nothing else have the dealership talk with him.

Purzell

Adventurer
Thanks all, I have communicated with Georg via e-mail. I have an interested party looking at my Jeep next week so if she buys it I can get more serious about an inspection. Georg seems very nice over the e-mail and is obviously highly thought of.

cumminscruiser

Adventurer
This is a family forum J@@p is a four letter word. :)

Cheers,
I may have humbly praised them once in a while when stuck on a trail. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94