iPad 4th generation announced

haven

Expedition Leader
Apple just announced an upgrade to the full size iPad. They're calling it the 4th generation iPad.

Changes include
-- A6X processor (iPhone 5 uses A6, iPad 3 uses A5X)
doubles CPU and graphics performance compared to iPad 3
-- Facetime 720p camera
-- LTE cellular modem available
-- Lightning smaller power and accessory port

These changes produce roughly double the performance of the iPad introduced last March.
Pricing for the 4th generation stays the same as before. A 16 GB WiFi model starts at $499.

Orders for the new iPad can be placed now.
http://www.apple.com/ipad/overview/

Rallyroo

Expedition Leader
Apple's product cycles keep getting shorter and shorter. Oh well, I don't own an iPad of any generation. I already have an old iPhone 3Gs and Macbook Pro. I don't want to carry a third device on the road.

jet noise

Observer
Good info. I bought the iPad at a retail store in Colorado Springs and I'm not going back there, but I will contact the StL Apple store when I get back to see if they will allow the exchange. I have a feeling that they will not do it though.

RobRed

Explorer
Press them. They will do it.

I bought an iMac in 2010 and the refresh came a week later. They gave full credit on the return for the new model.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

matt s

Explorer
My ipad 3 is on backorder through ATT. Of course no phone numbers get through right now to try and cancel it or change it. I'll be calling the local store in the morning. :(

RobRed

Explorer
Even if you didn't originally buy the device in an Apple store? I do still have the receipt though...

Well you cant buy it at frys and return it to best buy... so you would have to have bought it from an apple store to return it to an apple store. at the very worst case they would charge you 15% restock which is policy fro returns in 30 days at apple retail.

jet noise

Observer
Well you cant buy it at frys and return it to best buy... so you would have to have bought it from an apple store to return it to an apple store. at the very worst case they would charge you 15% restock which is policy fro returns in 30 days at apple retail.

Got it figured out, finally. I'm working night shifts in Wisconsin now, a long way from the base exchange at Peterson AFB in Colorado where I bought the device. I won't be going back to Peterson at the end of the month, but I'll be going back to my home base. I called my home exchange today, and they confirmed that they'll accept the return if it was purchased within 15 days. So, I'll return it, and get the v4. Maybe it's not worth all the hassle, but as a heavy user, I know I'll appreciate the hot rod processor. Now, who wants to buy my v2, 16gb wifi? Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier